Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: doing a laser show

Default doing a laser show

hi just looking for a little advice

i recently attended a laser show i wasnt too impressed with and feel i could do a better job so the guy running it told me to put a quote in.

i was wondering if anyone had advice on pricing for this event....

its a 3 day dance music event in pontins in prestatyn (wales)
    there are 2 rooms of music and in the main room
    i am going to run 7 ilda lasers off 2 laptops and dacs. the lasers im using are...
    1 1 watt rgb 300mw green 532nm 250mw 473nm 450mw 635nm 20k scanners and analouge diodes (all laser wave diodes)
    (in the process of building)
    1 big dipper f2000 rgb 450mw 350mw red 650nm 50mw green 532nm 50mw blue 473nm 10k scanners
    1 pinkem 430mw rgb 300mw red 80mw green 532nm 50mw blue 473nm 30k scanners (cni diodes)
    2 200mw green 532nm 30k scanners (cni diodes)
    2 450mw rgy 350mw red 650nm 100mw green 532nm 30k scanners (cni diodes)

if anyone is intrested i may be updating the scanners in my f2000 to hopefully match the pinkem a little better then set all these up with the 1 watter in the middle with the rest in a symetrical pyramid shape away from the dj booth going up towards the roof. see picture

in the second room im putting four relatively cheap stepper motor lasers.

4 dl 11 s there duel head 50mw but this room is fine with that as its only running dmx and i wont be running it. there will be another lighting engineer running this.

im wondering what people think i should be charging for a set up of this size?

thanks alot

ollie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Thats a 3500$ rave in the states. Well, at least in Arizona where my sometimes business partner lives.
    more importantly, whats the control hardware, and is the music different in each room? Whos gonna set there all night and sync it to the music?
    Steve

Default re

iv not got it yet but im going to be using fb3 hopefully with it and using live q or showrider. i will be synching it to the music with the help of a friend. im just looking for advice on how much i can charge and then ill make a decision. the second room will be ran off a computer controled dmx setup and will only occasionally be used.
    the music style is pretty much the same in both rooms but the first room is the main arena so thats where all my good lasers are going.
    all i was really after is some general prices people would normally charge for something like this. i was thinking of charging about £1000 which is about $2000 but i really want to get the job so i might see.
    just wondering if anyone thinks thats too expensive?

cheers for ur advice mixed gas

ollie

i think 2000 is completely reasonable

back in oregon i remember doing a small 1 room show with 1 single color laser for 600

for 7 more projectors and some being full color i would say its very fair price wise!
    -Josh

Default cheers

thankyou very much.

i think ill stick with that then and see what happens. like i said i really want the job so i may have to drop it slightly but ill see

thanks again ollie

you can always point him here to ask someone what he should be paying...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

dont you DARE! forget pics
    -Josh

Default re

wont do mate but your going to have to wait a while.
    its in 12 months time
    ill let you know if i get the job and make sure i get some pictures. im sure ill be setting them all up before hand so ill put some pictures on here.

ollie

Exclamation

Hi there,

DO NOT UNDERPRICE!

Calculate everything...mainly the cost of equipment, programming time, transport, risk assesment time...everything.
    If it is going to be professional show, than £1000 is not enough...maybe for 1 night but even than not for 2 people (your frend..let say it is your employee and you pay him £10/hour x 8 hours/day = £240 only for him + refreshments!!!)

It obviously depends how many people will attend and how big is venue, but unless it is for 100 people only, £1000 is not enough .

Default re

i understand what your saying. i think for a 3 day event it is cheap but i want to try and find a way in to doing this companys events and sometimes its best to put a lower price in and get more work from it if you see what i mean.
    im trying to get a way into a large company called bcm planet dance. they own the biggest night club in europe and do a uk reunion every year at pontins in prestatyn.
    the event is for 3000 people and is a professional job. i would love to be able to quote 5 grand for this job but if they said that someone else had quoted less i would lose the job and possibly any future jobs from them.
    im going to try and find out how much they paid the laser engineer this year.

cheers ollie