Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *PICS* Diffraction Gratings

Default *PICS* Diffraction Gratings

Sorry it took me so long to get these pics up gentlemen. (and gentleladies).

these are the 4" round and Square diffraction gratings i get now. these things are SUPERB!!!

also got a great deal on the 4"X4" complete mirror assemblies. (SEE THIS THREAD)

Here is a quick YouTube Video of the gratings in action.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

-Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diffgrt 001.jpg  

diffgrt 007.jpg  

diffgrt 008.jpg  

http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

These pics are freakin' art man!

You do a nice job getting your point accross!

Thanks.

James.

ill have to thank "Sony" for that!!

but thanks james! youre a good man!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs up

Those are awesome! I bet those would be a good option for my moving-bounce-mirror thing I want to put together.

I'm not financially flexible right now, but I will keep an eye on these and grab some when I can!

-Jonathan

Post Several months ago someone dumped about 50 on Ebay

I bought about 6

One diffracts into several lines in a riow it is a 4 inch mirror if hit from an angle creates these in an arc this would be great out over a stage from out in front.

Another a small one inch mirror creates a geometric set of almost a hundred beams this is cool for vertical projection.

Another I got is different it is a translucent one that has for 90 degree quadrants with different effects I guess it's supposed to go on something like a christmas color wheel to change the four effects? I would love to know more about the correct usage of this one.

The other three do multiple sets of lines in 1/2/3 sets of circles.

I noticed scanning into the line mirror is very cool as you get multiple scanned images all in a row.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Cool -

Double "Jolly Green" garage shots!!

SWEET!!

And no, she isn't in a projector yet, but I really DO have a plan...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

very nice thanks for the pictures!
    -Josh

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Thumbs down <- Don't mind this symbol! I don't know why I choose this one!

I have a question about diffraction gratings:
    Do flexible grating effects exist? I have been told about a RGY projector with moving beams, and I tought it could be a flexible grating effect. The projector was only €350 (€300 current I think), so I don't think there are any scanners involved.

And yes, this could be my next projector (50 mw green - 100 mw red for that price?! Ever heard of that?). Just add blue, galvo's and Ilda and I have an excellent projector. But that is when I have the funds, within a few years (I still have to pay my strobe to my dad).

Default I Do Not Think Flexible diffracting gratings exist at least intentionally

Have seen some on thin plastic that could be bent or distorted , but I think they would shortly be worse for the wear.

As in my previous post though I have noticed cool changes in changing the angle of incidence to a line type reflection diffraction mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    I have a question about diffraction gratings:
    Do flexible grating effects exist? I have been told about a RGY projector with moving beams, and I tought it could be a flexible grating effect. The projector was only €350 (€300 current I think), so I don't think there are any scanners involved.

And yes, this could be my next projector (50 mw green - 100 mw red for that price?! Ever heard of that?). Just add blue, galvo's and Ilda and I have an excellent projector. But that is when I have the funds, within a few years (I still have to pay my strobe to my dad).
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

From what I've seen, these "firework" RGY projectors spin one or more of the diffraction gratings to create the moving effrects you describe.

Spin one starburst grating, while a second is stationary and it looks like the pattern is expanding/contracting. Spin both and you can create some pretty wild spirographic type effects.

A couple of DC gearmotors and DG's and you can create the same at much less $$$.