Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ground and pin 25 question

another quick question.. what would be a good fuse to use for the AC input?
    -Josh

Hi Josh,

All of these are good questions, and, as far as I know, they are all answered in an article that appeared recently in The Laserist magazine.

It could be that you have only seen the one that appeared in the magazine itself, which was cut-down for space reasons.

You can see the full version on the ILDA web site here:
    http://www.laserist.org/laserist2008...onnections.htm

The "central grounding point" EITHER gets connected to DB-25 pin 25 OR to the AC ground. The decision depends on a few factors, which I think are discussed in the article.

A safe bet it to connect the central grounding point to DB25 pin 25 but then you must be pretty rigorous and make sure you don't have any phantom grounds to the projector case itself, which is usually metal, and usually connected to AC ground.

Best regards,

William Benner

thanks bill i have the writeup but it is the pdf form and not in colors! this helps!
    -Josh

quick question with the build up of my RGV i would like to use the RGV and my green laser together. my question though is this,
    since i only have one dac and cannot afford another for a while how would i go about making the fb3 project my RGV and also project the green completely (not only project the green lines)

like if i were to do a rainbow colored circle how would i make the circle all green and not just random parts of the circle green and the other parts blank?

thanks for the help once again.
    -Josh

Thumbs up

Run the RGB signals to your RGV projector, and run your green-only projector off the intensity signal. It will be TTL only, but it will always be on anytime the projector is supposed to be displaying a lit point - no matter what color it is.

Adam

hmm seems like it should be a good trade off. i wish there was a way to have analog but who cares

is there a way to put a pot on my scanners of the green laser to make the y axis flat or adjust it that way and leave the RGV full size?

like what sized pot would i use and where would i wire it up?

thanks (this would be for the scan pros)
    -Josh

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by thesk8nmidget View Post
    hmm seems like it should be a good trade off. i wish there was a way to have analog but who cares
    Well, it would be analog if you had an LD-2000... But it should be enough to have it TTL... It's only green after all, and I assume you'll be using it for beams, so TTL should be fine.
    is there a way to put a pot on my scanners of the green laser to make the y axis flat or adjust it that way and leave the RGV full size?
    Just reduce the input scale adjustment on the Y amp for that projector. That will shrink the Y axis. You should be able to dial it back to almost zero.

If you don't want ANY Y axis scanning, then disconnect the Y signal from that projector altogether.

Adam

sweet well ld-2000 still is something i eventually want. just cannot afford with me moving half way across the country.

thanks for the response. i will have to experiment on that.
    -Josh