Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding analog to a TTL laser?

Default Adding analog to a TTL laser?

Hey Guys,
    I recently made a thread showing off my new 100mW 473nm laser, which will be the blue laser in my new rgb scanner project. This laser seems to only have TTL blanking. Would it be even remotely possible to incorporate anaglog modulation to this laser, or would it be more trouble than it's worth?

Also, assuming that analog will NOT be a possibility, can I run this laser using TTL and the other two lasers in the projector using analog? Will this make things look 'funky'?

Lastly, does anyone have any videos of an RGB scanner which only uses TTL blanking? I just want to get an idea of what is 'possible' with such limited colors.

Thanks!!!
    Jason

In order to make a TTL laser analog you will basically need to completely re-make the driver. It is in your best interest just to run the blue laser TTL, this way the images will look fine, sure whenever the blue laser turns on it will be quite visible especially with graphics. But with with beam shows, you probably wont really notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    In order to make a TTL laser analog you will basically need to completely re-make the driver. It is in your best interest just to run the blue laser TTL, this way the images will look fine, sure whenever the blue laser turns on it will be quite visible especially with graphics. But with with beam shows, you probably wont really notice the difference.
    That's what I was thinking.

Also I guess if one laser had to be TTL, blue would be the best. Since it is usually the weakest link in the scanner, the powers of the other two lasers are usually based 'around' the power of the blue laser. So when adjusting the overall powers to make white, the red/green can be tuned down to the level of the blue for a good mix.

Now, does anyone have a video?

I could possibly take a video of my red or green running ttl while the other is analog... it would be a day or so before I would be able to do that.

I could possibly take a video of my red or green running ttl while the other is analog... it would be a day or so before I would be able to do that.
    That would be great!! Keep me posted

But with with beam shows, you probably wont really notice the difference.
    I can assure you for beam shows, you will notice a huge difference!!!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Get an AOM!

James.

I guess its taste. I've tested a bunch of 473nm lasers TTL and Analog, and quite frankly running them RGB, I didn't really find it to be very noticeable. I guess it also depends on the beam show and how dynamic it really is.

Oh yeah and I forgot to say the other thing is that at 100mw its much less noticeable than say an 800mw laser......

Heh, good point. Everyone will know when the .8W laser activates.

I guess its taste. I've tested a bunch of 473nm lasers TTL and Analog, and quite frankly running them RGB, I didn't really find it to be very noticeable. I guess it also depends on the beam show and how dynamic it really is.

Oh yeah and I forgot to say the other thing is that at 100mw its much less noticeable than say an 800mw laser......
    When you get your LD2k system you are surely going to notice the difference...

With the FB3 i was playing shows on a projector 2xtll and 1 analong laser.
    I didn't see real problems.

Yesterday i was playing shows on the QM2k card for the first time.
    The one Analog laser fades en blends way different than the 2 others that now are showing more jumpy"ness" in colorshifts.
    Overall the motions are smoother but my cheap lasers and drivers TTL modulation show up.

I am currently making all lasers analog