Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best NLO for SHG of 946nm?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

PM sent. 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 chrs

steve

This design was to run in CW...NO Q switch. I know the 1319 is weak....but 3 - 20 watt pump diodes are not. It can be done I feel sure. I only have one diode left that is new...20 watt. I have a FAC for it and was thinking of end pumping the rod. I know the conv.eff. will be low....but the object was to bypass all the knife egding hooplah. May not be the best idea...but you never know until it has been tested. The thing is the diodes are getting cheaper, so pump power is not that big of an issue. The fiber launched diodes may be the way to go high power...how many 600u fibers does it take to make a .25" bundle? Get the picture....even for 20 watts pump if you get > 1.5 watts of 659nm it would be well worth it....single pol. to boot. Just my .02. Besides I love the deep red...mixed with a little 642 or 635.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Check out laser innovations genesis red. The company is out of the UK, I have used these units before, they give around 12w of 659nm. We used a telescope on them to bring the bbeam size up and divergence down, beam properties look much like a laserscope. Has one of those round top diode pumped yag rod modules and I believe ktp not lbo. It is also qswitched to get the 12w. Really cool units, would love to make my own units with some ideas to get more out of it.

http://en.cnki.com.cn/Article_en/CJF...W200401007.htm

Just found this link 1.5w fwd with know.
    Last edited by Coo-mo-d; 11-21-2010 at 21:00. Reason: added link