Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demo Software for Quickshow request

Default Demo Software for Quickshow request

Hi There,

I am new to lasers and will be getting my laser here within the next couple weeks. I have also ordered Quickshow Laser Software to run. I would like to get my hands on the Demo'd version offered at Pagnolin website but have had no response back from Pagnolin in the last two weeks. I would like to have the demo to get to know the software as much as possible before going live when I receive my projector. I understand I will be doing much practice when I receive the projector but would like to get a head start on the ins and outs of the program.

Has any new laser owners had success with requesting a demo download offered at http://www.pangolin.com/QS/downloadm...downloads.html ?

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi, I have a feeling you may need a FB3 or LD2000 controller for QuickShow to work.

Hi Matt

I also requested a demo copy using that link a month or two ago. Nothing happened. When I emailed to complain, they got snippy with me, they seemed to think it was my fault the email didn't turn up. IMHO Pangolin really need to sort out their website. Apart from these dead links, there are many pages that either can't be navigated to by links or are very hard to find. Such as the main Flashback 3 page.

However, short story long, if you ping enough emails at them they will give you a demo copy. Use the contact addresses that lurk on their website ("Contact us by email" under the "Company" menu on the main page).

Thanks for the reply guys,

I did a search on Quickshow and didn't see a topic for this so worry about the double thread. Quick show should be delivered in the next couple weeks and I will PM Pagnolin since they are active on the board. I'll see if I can get a demo copy downloaded so that I can get the good basics down before I have the full version with laser running.

Cheers

Bill is usually pretty good at replying, he's probably out of town. I'll bring this to his attention.

Edit: He's in Dubai until the 28th. I've sent him an email.
    Last edited by White-Light; 04-22-2010 at 10:56.

I thought they never done demo software? their moto being if you buy it and dont like it, you get your money back.

Just to clear some things up, Bill is at the moment in Dubai for the PALME tradeshow. This is the reason he is not able to answer all his emails. About a demo for QuickShow, I think Pangolin can make a custom made file for each individual person. However because this is time consuming and the people at Pangolin prefer to work on new features we offer a satisfaction guarantee. Sometime in the near future there will be a demo for download on the website of QuickShow.

Official Pangolin European Service & Repair Centre
    Authorised Distributor KVANT
    Please visit my webshop --> www.laserwebshop.com

No worries,

Its not a huge deal, I just saw that it was offered on their website and thought it would be easy to obtain and learn from till I received the full version software
    Quickshow website quote
    In the near future, you will be able to download a demo version of QuickShow for evaluation purposes. For now, if you need a demo please contact Pangolin.
    I'm not in any hurry for it and by the time Bill gets back I should have the full version shipped to learn from.
    I hope Bill is having a kicks ass time at the PALME tradeshow.

Cheers,
    Matt

Hi guys,

If you want a demo, please contact me directly using the contact form on the Pangolin web site. You will find it at www.pangolin.com/contact

Shortly before I left for Dubai, I did see a demo request come in. But also shortly before I left, my outlook file blew up. This happens if you have more than 16363 messages in a single folder, or more than 2GB file size. For some people this will never happen in their entire lives, but for me, it's been happening around four times per year. (When I get back, I will be switching to Apple for non-programming-related things. Sure wish Bill Gates would come back, and do for Microsoft what the return of Steve Jobs did for Apple...)

Anyway, a demo request or two was no doubt lost when that happened. Please use the contact form as noted above. The contact form works in a different way, and things should not be lost that way...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeAndMirrors View Post
    Hi Matt

IMHO Pangolin really need to sort out their website. Apart from these dead links, there are many pages that either can't be navigated to by links or are very hard to find. Such as the main Flashback 3 page.
    At Pangolin we believe in conservative principals, which generally means we believe in the power of individuals to participate in the solution.

Your statement above is qualitative, rather than quantitative. If you send us an email (preferably through the contact form) and let us know, specifically, what links are broken, we'll do our best to fix them. (Personally, I am not aware of any broken links, and that's why I'd like to hear directly about them.)

Often times, people with opinions also are people who have the power to participate in a solution. If you have good ideas about how to improve our web site, we would love to hear them, and if you yourself are a web programmer or designer, we'd love you to participate in the actual coding to improve things. We always reward hard work and give credit where credit is due. And there are many people on PL who would tell you that they received free software, free updates, etc. for helping out.

I'll make a few more points.

The Pangolin web site has well over 1000 HTML pages -- the vast majority of which give information about laser shows, laser components, techniques, etc. and not related to soliciting people to buy our products. But with this many pages, it makes it hard to find things. Use the "Search" facility to help you find what you are looking for.

And second, we're still not sure we believe in demo software, and we're still thinking about whether or not we want to offer what we might call "open demo software" (that software that can be downloaded by anyone at any time).

But for those wanting to see what can be done with QS in only six minutes, take a look at this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZzDw0dzSA0

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi Bill,

You guys are obviously doing some amazing work at Pagnolin, I have heard nothing but great things about your software, standards and ethics from others and look forward to owning your software proudly in a few short weeks.

Knowing that you are busy with trade shows, thank you for taking the time to post on hear. I thought I would give you a shout out on hear just in case the request demo contact link had a hiccup but it sounds like Bill Gates has the hiccups. I'll hit contact you through the link you provided for the demo request. Knowing that the full software purchase is going to take a little time for delivery I would really like to check out the demo to get the basics down on the software before going live.

I did check out the 6 min video a couple days ago and it just makes me more excited to own your product.

If there was a vote regarding the continuation of demo's for Quickshow, my vote would be yes.

As a new consumer, I am purchasing Quickshow based on the feedback from the board as well as great reviews from the Rick at Slick Lasers who is building my projector.

A lot of consumers purchasing lasers may not have the knowledge or feedback from others on this board so having a demo for the 1st laser software consumer types’ (which I assume Quickshow is designed for) available for demo download would be great for that market doing Google searches for laser animation software. I don’t see the need for a demo Live Pro as the demographic purchasing that is more then just novice and is more advance in Laser animation products.

For example
    When I decided to switch from records to software & turntable based djing I had a hell of a time finding the right purchase and also had to go off the opinions of others. There was so many software programs out there I ended up going with my gut feeling and purchased Serato (which I absolutely love). It was a tough decision as Serato is just a music player with no functionality unless the dongle is plugged in. It was frustrating not being able to use or see key parts of the program before spending $600 on the dongle. They could of easily made a download available in full version cause you have to have the dongle plugged in in order for output sound. I understand it is a little different situation with lasers but it is always nice to get a good taste of the product before buying full when you are buying blindly. I’m frugal and old school though.

Again thanks for your quick response, I'll hit you up on the link you provided and have fun at the trade shows.

Matt