Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Guvernment lasers

Is the guv's laser really only 10 watts? I was told a few yearsa ago from a company called dymax that it was aorund 20? Or is it 10 watts after losses? But if its only 10 watts raw power...the laser im working on now is around 7.5 watts...hmmmmm that gets me excited lol

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Coo-mo
    Hey Jer -

...well, again, if it is still maintained by who I think it is, this would not the first time they let an 'operator' do whatever he wants / aren't real on-top-of 'crowd-scanning issues'... but people will do what people will do...
    Well.. I'm not even going to discuss crowd-scanning by pictures or vids.. I just think the operator does a bad (creative) job (it doesn't look exciting the whole show, it's bad timed and the effects don't look great..).

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    Well.. I'm not even going to discuss crowd-scanning by pictures or vids.. I just think the operator does a bad (creative) job (it doesn't look exciting the whole show, it's bad timed and the effects don't look great..).
    You don't think that beam effects form the gas laser table aren't exciting and don't look great? I guess it all comes down to personal opinion.

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    I have to say I like this effect.

That said, you can't see the colours until it comes down into the crowd. Just looks pure blue. Would have thought the producer would have used the Pango to modulate the power to high levels overhead.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NuIcc2...eature=related

Also, I don't know the limits of Pango but can't you apply a cut off horizon (a masked zone) in which case I would have thought that even within the fan the powers would have been modulated so that whilst the bit in the crowd was at low power the bit of the fan rotated out was at high.
    It looks like it's a rotating diffraction grating on a beam table rather than a scanned effect. In which case you wouldn't be able to control the attenuation... Lovely effect though and very wide angle...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    It looks like it's a rotating diffraction grating on a beam table rather than a scanned effect. In which case you wouldn't be able to control the attenuation... Lovely effect though and very wide angle...

Mark
    Yes indeed, it is a rotating diffraction grating...a machida grating to be more exact. Im installing one in my projector, i got the rotating device form Steve Roberts (mixedgas). Here's another video of the projector doing a rotating machida...you can see it at around 51 sec in to the clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVD0j...eature=related

-Adam

That looks supreme with the colour cycling... I have a poly 20 but not got it working yet... Machida gratings are pricey though but I quite fancy the idea of adding one to my projector...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    That looks supreme with the colour cycling... I have a poly 20 but not got it working yet... Machida gratings are pricey though but I quite fancy the idea of adding one to my projector...

Mark
    They made a copy grating called a machado. Its a copy of the machida, but sells for way lessss.

http://www.creativelaser.de/hardware.../maschado.html

-Adam

I swear my eyes started aching just looking at that. It looked pretty awesome though!

-Jonathan

If I may ask this, what is the advantage in using a grating over scanning an effect?

Most of the grating effects I've seen are reproduced by software such as Pango or Mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    You don't think that beam effects form the gas laser table aren't exciting and don't look great? I guess it all comes down to personal opinion.

-Adam
    Of course the beam effects look exciting and great.. But the operating is so bad... The effects he chooses don't fit the music at that moment, the timing is bad, chase-effects are off-beat..

Then don't hire an operator and just play a standard beamshow for the wrong music.. Same effect..