Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Guvernment lasers

Default The Guvernment lasers

Hey Guys,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3k-U5OAmM
    I thought i would post this video to show the laser show that is done inside the guvernment nightclub. Its not my video i found it on youtube. The guvernment is around 20mins from my house, its Toronto's number one nightclub. It has 10 rooms! and the room that the video is in, is the main room around 20,000 sq feet, just so you can better picture the size of the venue. They have a classiq beam table loaded with diffration gratings and effects as well as some slow atmospheric scanners. It has a 20 watt coherent whitelight tube...and the video cant justify how it looks in real life. Also they just recently renovated and bought another laser. But this one is a DPSS whiteligh which looks amazing too. In the video you can also see the guv's LN2 system, which adds a very cool effect. The main room alon has a 700K sound system!!!!!...or so im told, but in my opinion its worth every penny once you hear it lol.
    Enjoy

-Adam

Am I correct in assuming they used CO2 jets for the instant fog? That looked like some major crowd-scanning!

I should add CO2 to my gear. (Video, lasers, flames and CO2 would make a nice repertoire. )

-Jonathan

does it still have the viewing window to view the tube in action?

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Am I correct in assuming they used CO2 jets for the instant fog? Also, did your eyes hurt after that night? That looked like some major crowd-scanning!

I should add CO2 to my gear. (Video, lasers, flames and CO2 would make a nice repertoire. )

-Jonathan
    CO2 and Liquid Nitrogen are commonly used in nightclubs to instantly cool off the crowd.

CO2 is much cheaper therefor clubs use it more often but every now and then you find one that uses Liquid nitrogen. I know of only one club in the US (i know there are more) that uses it, that is Club Space in Downtown Miami. If you look in my youtube account there are tons of videos from Club Space. Its much better since it lingers around alot longer in comparison to CO2

As far i as i know the Guvernment uses LN2...there's a big white tank of it outside the club lol . As fart as crowd scanning goes...yes there is tons of it!!!!! both laser projectors scan into the crowd, however now since they got the new DPSS (which looks like a very powerful one) the gas laser doesn't do much scanning anymore, just mainly beam effects. The tube is hidden however the beamtable has a glass front to it, so thats pretty much all the visability you have.

-Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    CO2 and Liquid Nitrogen are commonly used in nightclubs to instantly cool off the crowd.

CO2 is much cheaper therefor clubs use it more often but every now and then you find one that uses Liquid nitrogen. I know of only one club in the US (i know there are more) that uses it, that is Club Space in Downtown Miami. If you look in my youtube account there are tons of videos from Club Space. Its much better since it lingers around alot longer in comparison to CO2

Thanks for the info. I had no idea they liquid nitrogen was used. Makes sense..

-Jonathan

Hey Adam -

How go'z the build, bro? Good, I hope...Lemme know...

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    As fart as crowd scanning goes...
    ...Yeah, that's how I feel about most crowd scanning, too...

Quote Originally Posted by premierlaser View Post
    however now since they got the new DPSS (which looks like a very powerful one)
    #1, isn't the ion laser a Spectra 171? Did they change it to a Coherent? I have not been there in a looooooong time, so, I guess so?... #2, do you have any ID / 411 on the make / model of the DPSS? If it was installed by who I think it was, I'd be interested to know what make they settled on - I will be surprized to hear if they went with Arctos....

Anyhoo, hope yer doin' well - PM-me if ya wanna catch-up...

peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

What a baaaaaaad operator..

I have to say I like this effect.

That said, you can't see the colours until it comes down into the crowd. Just looks pure blue. Would have thought the producer would have used the Pango to modulate the power to high levels overhead.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NuIcc2...eature=related

Also, I don't know the limits of Pango but can't you apply a cut off horizon (a masked zone) in which case I would have thought that even within the fan the powers would have been modulated so that whilst the bit in the crowd was at low power the bit of the fan rotated out was at high.

It is a 10 watt Coherent I-400 and the other is a 5 watt Arctos controlled via livepro. There is also a Discoscan lens on the cambridge scanners in the beamtable.

Hey Coo-mo

Quote Originally Posted by Coo-mo-d View Post
    It is a 10 watt Coherent I-400 and the other is a 5 watt Arctos controlled via livepro. There is also a Discoscan lens on the cambridge scanners in the beamtable.
    thanks for the 411... if this is still maintained by the Co I think it is, this is interesting...I am surprized they went with the Arctos...will be a hoot to follow how it does in the coming months / years...

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post
    What a baaaaaaad operator..
    Hey Jer -

...well, again, if it is still maintained by who I think it is, this would not the first time they let an 'operator' do whatever he wants / aren't real on-top-of 'crowd-scanning issues'... but people will do what people will do...

anyhoo, thx...
    peace..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...