Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who wants a 15kW laser for XMas?

Haha, I can see it now, in about 10-20 years that'll be the sale item for t-giving. A laser fired deep fried turkey. Done in about umm... 3 seconds.

Reminds me of the grill lighting competition. Anyone heard of this? One guy ended up winning in about 3-4 seconds using about a gallon of liquid oxygen. They key to it was to have a burning ember already lit, like a cigarette or something similar. The only problem was that it made it impossible to grill, since the grill would melt and about a 8 foot circle of grass disappeared around it... cool videos of it if you can find them

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Haha, I can see it now, in about 10-20 years that'll be the sale item for t-giving. A laser fired deep fried turkey. Done in about umm... 3 seconds.

The again if you were really skillful:

Ha reminds me of this for some odd reason...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/36389

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Reminds me of the grill lighting competition.
    OMG! I haven't thought about George Gobel in years. (Well, since 1995, now that I think about it...) But yeah, that guy *rocks*.

For those that have never heard the story - read this article by David Barry first. Then watch this *classic* video. Pay particular attention to the different results obtained between a heavy-duty grill you find in a park verses the cheap one you get at Wal-Mart...

And for the truly nostalgic among you, here's ghg's original website. (Still unmodified after all these years!)

That guy is my hero...

Adam