Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Contact™ Polymer cleaner now in stock

Default First Contact™ Polymer cleaner now in stock

Laser-wave UK now has in stock 25ml bottles of First Contact™ Polymer cleaner for your optics. It comes with an applicator brush which you use to paint the liquid onto the surface of the item to be cleaned. You then leave the solvent to dry to form a film on the surface - this takes up to 30 mins depending on the thickness of the application - and the film is then peeled away using a sticky label or a piece of tape. Once removed the optic will be spotless.
    This product is very similar - though superior - to the famous Caliope Opticlean which is now unavailable due to the company closing down, and can also be used as a protective coating when storing optics for long periods or while fitting optics into their mounts. When you are ready to use the optic simply apply a sticky to remove the film and you are ready to go. The great advantage of this product is that the only contact with your surface is the gentle action of the brush lubricated with the polymer. Therefore there is very little chance of damage to optics, though due to the solvent base it is important to stress that this product is not suitable for some plastic optics and therefore a test must be carried out by the user to determine suitability.
    The solution will also go a very long way if used carefully and you will be able to clean many many times with one bottle.

The product is available now for £24.99 inc UK post in 25ml bottles (We will also mail to european PL members for this price) but can also be purchased to special order in larger kits, spray applicators for large areas such as telescope mirrors, and hopefully in the near future will also be available in a smaller sized bottle. Please ask if you need larger kits or sprays and we will provide pricing.

Rob

A brief response from Andy_con following his first experience with <5ml of the soloution.

I have tested First Contact™ Polymer cleaner on dichros, front surfaced mirrors, galvo mirrors, module lens and laser pointer lens and every time the cleaner works perfectly. It leaves the surface free from finger prints and dust.

You simply paint the optics with the cleaner using the brush provided, leave it to dry for 30 mins, then use normal sellotape to remove it, its very very simple and anyone can do it.

The thing I like about this cleaner is the fact theres no rubbing of the optic with a cloth so theres no chance of scratching it.

I received a very small tester bottle of First Contact™ Polymer cleaner and I have used it over 20 times and theres still enough left for another 40 cleans, it lasts for ever!

I would highly recommend this cleaner to all.

Quote from Steve Roberts (mixedgas) I've used it for cleaning gratings and large mirrors when nothing else, not even Co2 Snow, would work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fc3bottles.jpg  

Last edited by stanwax; 12-06-2008 at 12:23.
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

i have used simmilair stuff on the sensor of my canon DSLR cams and it works perfectly.
    The first time it is some scary stuff putting it on a 2500$ cam.

In the old days this method was used for cleaning vinyl records from gunk and dust.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

can you ship it to the states?

over here they get megabucks a bottle.

Steve Roberts

Steve
    sure I can let me checkout what the shipping will be

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

ill take one off you rob, im guessing you will be bringing some to the meet next week?

ill have cash then
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Indeed I will - that is if I have any left
    One has your name on it Andy

Rob

lol it better otherwise there will be trouble Mr Rob!!

Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Indeed I will - that is if I have any left
    One has your name on it Andy

Rob
    Rob,

Can you put on bottle aside for me?
    I want to order one and have it shipped in combination with my 25mm 405 dichro and 405 PBS cube.

can you also qoute me the price of the 25mm Dichro holders. via PM.
    I can decide if i order them from you or from brother Bridge when i order my lasers.

thank you!!

Sure thing Anthony
    Pm about to be sent...

Rob

Hi Rob,

Let me know when you find out about shipping overseas..
    Will need one or two down here in NZ

Thanks
    Ray