Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB3 or?

Default FB3 or?

Hello ppl. Happy hollidays.

I have just sold my easylase Dac and old mamba2004.

Now im on the look for a new Dac and software and have been searching the forum and it seems that FB3 wil do the job.

although i have some questions.

1. What software does follow with the FB3 Dac? (is there a link to more info/screenshot)

2. Will i be able to do the same things as in Phoenix/mamba1.9?

3. Does it support midi-in?

Hope someone has some info.
    Couldent find the FB3 info on pangos site

Thank you and happy newyear

/Rickard

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post

although i have some questions.

1. What software does follow with the FB3 Dac? (is there a link to more info/screenshot)

2. Will i be able to do the same things as in Phoenix/mamba1.9?

3. Does it support midi-in?

Hope someone has some info.
    Couldent find the FB3 info on pangos site

Thank you and happy newyear

/Rickard
    Hey Rickard,

Hope you had a good xmas, plenty of snow up your way?

I can't answser all of your questions, but here is the Pangolin FB3 page which has a screenshot of Live Quick that comes with the FB3. I'm pretty sure there are a couple of other packages with it as well...
    http://www.pangolin.com/flashback/flashback3.htm

I think you can also get Live Pro for it at extra cost, which is top notch software http://www.pangolin.com/LivePRO.htm there is a video on this page showing Live Pro being controlled by MIDI.

I have an FB3 with Live Pro and can assure you it is a very capable bit of kit...

Mark

Don't forget to mention you get the LA-freak package.

That is :
    Showrider, which actually consists of 3 programs: Designer, Live and player.

Designer is for timeline shows
    Live is a live performance program (from the looks and the funtionality, it is the predecesser of LivePRO) I don't understand why so little people speak of this program, I think it is marvelous
    Player is a player for timeline shows

Besides showrider you get:

Draw3D, a nice and powerful drawing/animation program

Abstraction, a very powerful abstract generator

TraceIT, a bitmap tracing program (works great!)

I personally think that LiveQ is the least appealing of all the programs that run on the FB3, but people always point out that one.

Thank you so much for the info.

yea we got some now. 60cm in one night a couple of weeks agoo.
    but it rained away 4days later. and ince then only gray and cold up here in the north, but its really cold o hopfully we get some downfall the coming weeks.

A really cold winter is so much better if its snow.

Think im going to get Pangoed. :P

Anybody got a price info? of the kit.

You have to ask for the LAfreak package (it's cheaper than the standard evaluation kit), I believe it's 500$

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    You have to ask for the LAfreak package (it's cheaper than the standard evaluation kit), I believe it's 500$
    That's what I gave a few weeks ago. Hit Bill up on the contact page of Pango's site. He'll hook ya up. They are great folks to do business with.

doug

there is a dac made by neo laser that is a pangolin fb3 unit and comes with pangolin live pro and cypher lite. its cost $1,056 US. it also has a memory card for stand alone shows and can be controlled via livepro, dmx or the dac its self. they also have rack mount unit that controls 2 units for around the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd17th View Post
    there is a dac made by neo laser that is a pangolin fb3 unit and comes with pangolin live pro and cypher lite. its cost $1,056 US. it also has a memory card for stand alone shows and can be controlled via livepro, dmx or the dac its self. they also have rack mount unit that controls 2 units for around the same price.
    I have kinda had one of these for two years. So far it has spent about 6 months in my possesion and the rest with Neo Laser and various others being fixed. I would hope they have improved the design by now, but the older ones had loads of problems with insufficient power causing crashes in the FB3.

It is basically an FB3 in a box with gain controls, estop, DMX In etc. I attached a picture.

This is only my opinion, but if I were to be spending over $1000 again, I would save the extra and go for the QM2000 Intro straight off and with the current deals you could probably get Live Pro added for not alot more.

I was very impressed with the FB3 kit, but when I got the QM2000.Net, it completely blew me away... Thousands of free frames and shows, really good solid applications and a good solid hardware platform with its own OS independant of Windows. The .Net costs a bit extra, but saves time and money on bulky and expensive DB25 cables.

Just my 2 penneth

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NLCLP-REMOTE-D.jpg  

i heard that they had problems in the early stages. my mate has sold a few with none returned last year.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    This is only my opinion, but if I were to be spending over $1000 again, I would save the extra and go for the QM2000 Intro straight off and with the current deals you could probably get Live Pro added for not alot more.

I was very impressed with the FB3 kit, but when I got the QM2000.Net, it completely blew me away... Thousands of free frames and shows, really good solid applications and a good solid hardware platform with its own OS independant of Windows. The .Net costs a bit extra, but saves time and money on bulky and expensive DB25 cables.
    +1
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin