Thread: Did anybody visit Van Nuys Laserium Cyberstudio?

Default Did anybody visit Van Nuys Laserium Cyberstudio?

Hi,
    I'm in LA this September and was wondering how there shows come over in the new location
    compared to the amazing lasershows i saw in the old Griffith Planetarium location.

Or if there are other tips for must see Lasershows in LA or Las Vegas.

greetings
    Thomas

Thumbs up

Hey Thomas -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertyp View Post
    Hi,
    I'm in LA this September and was wondering how there shows come over in the new location compared to the amazing lasershows i saw in the old Griffith Planetarium location.

Or if there are other tips for must see Lasershows in LA or Las Vegas.
    #1, Welcome to PL! Glad to see you, too, have been 'photonically infected' ‹(*¿*)›

#2 - Oh, man!!! It sucks that I never saw this thread! - I / my Co. work very closely with Laser Images - I've got keys to the CyberStudios! I could totally have hooked you up with a demo / show...sorry I missed this thread... guess that's what I get for working!

Well, let me know the next time you plan to be in LA, and I'll see what we can work out... PM-me, if you don't want to make your travel plans 'public'...

RE:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertyp View Post
    A year later i visited the Laserium at Griffith for the first time.I was blown away!
    The 6 more holidays i did spend in the Us the following decade always started with a direct flight Zurich to LA.
    After the hotel check in the first thing to do was to enjoy a evening show in the Laserium.
    I saw a lot of other great lasershows in Vegas,San Francisco,Orlando,London,Planetarium Munich in Germany
    and in eastern Europe,but appart from some aggressive beamshows into the audience i liked the Laserium shows the most.
    So i was very disappointed in my last holiday in the US in 2002 when Griffith Observatory was closed for renovations
    and even if they reopen there will be no more lasershows.
    So my question is if there are other places in the Us or elswhere with such lasershows??
    I could not agree with you more - Laserium shows are STILL the very best, IMO - I mean, for a pure, lasers-ONLY show - yeah, the touring 'Pink Floyd' show, here in the US (where they also mix-in video and lighting) is good; Laser Fantasy's show up at Grand Coulee Dam is good; Stone Mountain Productions' show at Stone Mountain, in GA is good; and there are others, as well - but there is only one place I have ever been too, where you could see an entire laser show, composed SOLELY of multi-layered LUMIA fx - and still be blown away - the one and only Laserium!!! True laser artistry...

We're working very hard to bring Laserium back to the world, in a 'top secret', to-be-announced location (Hollywood) HOPEFULLY very soon - if this bloody economy would just stop bleeding to death, sheesh...

Anyhoo, Thomas, thanks for the kudos - I'll pass them onto Ivan - they will make his day to read and we'll keep on truckin' - will KIT on it, and hopefully we'll get to meet someday in Van Nuys... Till then...

cheers...
    jon
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...