Thread: 280mW professional multicolour argon laser

Default 280mW professional multicolour argon laser

Just saw this on Ebay, no use to me as I already have something very similar and am now more focussed on solid-state devices, but might be of interest to someone on this forum - looks a lot like one of David Green's Lasertech designs :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290279681144

(Auction ends 11th Dec at 18:41 GMT; I have no connection with this seller)

Quote Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
    Just saw this on Ebay, no use to me as I already have something very similar and am now more focussed on solid-state devices, but might be of interest to someone on this forum - looks a lot like one of David Green's Lasertech designs :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=290279681144

(Auction ends 11th Dec at 18:41 GMT; I have no connection with this seller)
    Couple of things to watch out for as I had a similar one of these a while ago.

Does this model actually have some scanners in it or is it just a pair of speakers and the x/y is controlled by a sound generator?

I would get verification of the output with a decent meter.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Jem - I agree, if it's a Lasertech design then the output will be from 2 mirrors cantilevered off a pair of loudspeakers - quite an ingenious design, but very limited in its graphics capacity. Good for beamshows, tunnels and Lissajou figures though.
    I also agree about the power rating - it's bound to be an ALC-60X module at the heart of this device, and you have to push them pretty hard to get anything over 220mW - and doing so could drastically reduce the tube life.
    Nevertheless, it is a multi-line argon for a reasonable price...I think my example cost around £3000 - but that was 10 years ago!

If it uses one of Davids power supplies then 150mW is likely to be a more reasonable output figure. However, it is still a good price for a 60X especially with the cases.

I think you can actually see one of the speakers inside the laser apeture.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

It eventually sold for £465, looks like quite a few people were bidding.