Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding 405 to 'boost' my blue?

I don't know how well it will work out, but two 4x or 6x 405's are going into my projector.

I look forward to seeing the weird colors.

As do we!!!!!

Keep us informed as to how that turns out!

im also setup right now to finish my RGV laser until i can afford my 473nm then i will add that in as well.

but i need to finish my dual red and wait for another flexmod 1 but that could be quite some time.
    -Josh

I'm also adding 405 to my projector. Probably gonna gut a maxyz module to put it in. I currently have a 405 diode doing 105mW @ 115mA and it's been run for many hours at a time with no problems. I am looking foward to getting one of the 6X diodes however. Let me know if any of you know of any good deals on them.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by dazebtwn View Post
    Josh, do you have any data on the relative output in mW of the phr-80t vs. current?

I am running one at 130mA but I do not have a calibrated power meter to determine the output power.

Barry
    -Josh

Josh, do you have any data on the relative output in mW of the phr-80t vs. current?

I am running one at 130mA but I do not have a calibrated power meter to determine the output power.

Barry
    Output seems to vary +/-10mW or so with these diodes when overdriving them. I'd say you should be getting between 120-130mW @ 130mA.

Thanks Adam, almost 1 to 1 ratio, just looking for a ballpark number...I'll probably bump it up some more since it is not run cw.
    You'd probably be okay if your running it at laser pointer intervals. Though, I wouldn't expect it to last too long at that current. Make sure it's heatsinked well if you plan on powering it for long durations. Mine get's hot even with a good heatsink after 5 minutes or so.

yeah with pointers it a whole different situation. i have a 803t set at 190 in my mini pointer and it has lasted me months but its nowhere near cw.

but as adam said these diodes vary a LOT from one to the other.

also the wavelength varies a bit from diode to diode
    -Josh

I have a 6x diode from the actual GGW-H20L drives (about $275) that has been going for close to 500 hours in a big heat sink at 200mW

The 6x diodes (the actual ones... not the supposed 6x diodes that amk had) are beefy as hell. The actual die is about 4x the size of the PHR die. IgorT (from LPF) has also been using a 6x that I got for him out of a GGW-H20L drive for many hours at 190mW with no issues. For big power, the 'real' 6x drives are the way to go... they are a bit spendy but they wont let you down.

Oh and as far as powering the 405nm module, would I set it up on the same channel as 'blue'? So that way the 473nm and 405nm modules would be blanking at the same time?