Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New projector build. RGB

Default New projector build. RGB

From before I have a 2W green laser with laser module from Viasho build into a moving head.
    Now I want to build a RGB projector.
    If it turns out good, I might build another one.

I have read alot on this forum, but there are alot of people here that know ALOT more than me about lasers and how to build them.
    Thats why I'm asking for advice.

My budget is about $7000-$8000 for each projector
    There might even be a professional projector that would do the job?

I really like my Viasho laser, so I'm thinking the following lasers from Viasho..
    GREEN: 532nm 200mW
    RED: 671nm 700mW
    BLUE: 457nm 200mw OR 473nm 200mW

Wuld you choose Blue 457 or 473 if the price is not that far apart?
    Any comments to the powers? and maybe other solutions to cheaper modules?
    After my readings this should make a decent white?

From before I have the FB3, but now I'm thinking QM2000.NEt with LD2000 intro.
    I like the DT40Pro scanners and will have a go with them on this projector as well.

Any comments to the setup would be much appriciated before I order everything. =)

Tip where to get affordable dicros?

Lightbulb

I would contact Kvant and ask about their 1W Spectrum like the one I have. You may be able to swing a deal with the budget you are speaking of.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I would go with something other than the 671nm. 700mW of it would be about as bright as 150mW of 642. And that may depend on the person!

^Agreed on the 671 for the same reasons as below:

445nm blue is a popular laser these days and with good reason, but if you use it you need more power to have the same visibility as 473nm. For instance, since 473 is roughly three times more visible than 445, you need 600mW of 445 for the same visibility as 200mW of 473..

Since 445 is a diode it will remain stable in situations/conditions that would cause instability in a blue DPSS system, and they are far more linear when using analog modulation.

One reason one might want to use all DPSS (473, 532, 671) would be because the beam profiles will match up much better than mixing diodes and DPSS which typically all have much different beam profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    For instance, since 473 is roughly three times more visible than 445, you need 600mW of 445 for the same visibility as 200mW of 473..
    I'm not so sure this is entirely correct... I have 500mw 445 and 300mw 473 and would say the 445 is considerably brighter and more visible... Have a look at http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...?t=8178&page=3 there are photo's of both lasers side by side... 473nm is also closer to the green spectrum and when you see the two side by side, it looks almost green by comparison... I am going to be using both for maximum brightness and colour gamut..

Cheers
    Mark

I'm just going by the numbers. Rayleigh scattering makes short-wavelength laser beams appear brighter, but math is math. Here's my source. A value of 1 is most visible and occurs right around 555nm. The curve is a bell extending downward from that peak. The fact that 473nm is closer to green is the reason it is more visible. The 445nm laser may appear more visible to you, but with short wavelengths this varies considerably from person to person. I feel that going by the numbers rather than you own perception will lead to better color balance for all eyes that may one day witness the glory of your projector.

I'm afraid when it comes to colour theory and the math behind it, I am a complete dummy So, I have to see for myself...

I saw 445nm at a UKLEM and fell in love with the colour and when adding a touch of green to it, it produced some amazing and very bright blues... So, I guess if you have the budget and have the space, adding both is the winning solution... Plus adding 445 to 640 red delivers the most amazing vivid magenta's... mmmmm

Mark

When it comes to 445 vs. 473 I'm torn completely. I can't say which I feel is better because they each have distinct advantages and disadvantages. With DPSS 473nm, you've got modulation instability, temperature instability, and nonlinearity when using analog modulation as problems, but GREAT beam specs, higher visibilty, and lower cost/mW (for now anyway) as benefits.
    With diodes, you've got comparatively bad beam specs, lower visibility, and higher cost as problems, but you get predictable modulation response (no need for AOMs) and rock solid temperature and modulation stability regardless of modulation type.

Six of one, and half a dozen of the other in my book. Makes it hard to choose.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 07-14-2009 at 14:41.

Lightbulb

If I were to build a projector today; I would try to save up for both. I would probably go for 457nm... Just cause I don't save well.

640nm laser, we all love small beam and small divergence.
    best regards!
    Bridge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 640 beam.JPG  

Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge