Thread: ISEF

Default ISEF

I am working on a Intel Science Fair project, my topic, not surprisingly is Lasers and I am working on Violet LED pumping on Chromium doped laser mediums. I really am in need of CHT: YAG for comparison to Alexandrite. I need something that can have crystals 2x2x3mm cut out of it so that could be rods or boules. Any help in finding this material would be a great help. I have a scientist at Continuum helping me with the cutting and polishing of the crystals but I really need the material. Please, if you have any CHT YAG or Alexandrite, let me know and I may end up buying it from you!

Also, any input on the project would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=Laser Ben;71238]I am working on a Intel Science Fair project, my topic, not surprisingly is Lasers and I am working on Violet LED pumping on Chromium doped laser mediums. I really am in need of CHT: YAG for comparison to Alexandrite. I need something that can have crystals 2x2x3mm cut out of it so that could be rods or boules. Any help in finding this material would be a great help. I have a scientist at Continuum helping me with the cutting and polishing of the crystals but I really need the material. Please, if you have any CHT YAG or Alexandrite, let me know and I may end up buying it from you!

I have a cht:yag head in a nice roomy resonator, you have a jdsu blue. lets talk. My CHT is out of a sunrise medical system and is flashlamp lamp pumped. Was a 30 hz rep rate system, looks like a older flashlamp pumped kigre (www.kigre.com) block.

Steve

CTH is on the way, can anybody help him with the alexandrite?

Steve

Thanks so much Steve!

I will be calling NG Synoptics like you reccomended! I hope they can do something for me with scraps. I don't know, but do they recycle the scraps, can that even be done?

Ben
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I have a very small amount of old Russian synthetic stock here, Let me know the size you need I may be able to cut off a piece for you...Trade??????
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Thanks so much Steve!

I will be calling NG Synoptics like you reccomended! I hope they can do something for me with scraps. I don't know, but do they recycle the scraps, can that even be done?

Ben
    Glasses certainly, crystals, maybe, but not often. They probably try to grow only what they need to stock. But you only need a sliver compared to their customers.

Steve

The above post was an offer for the Alexandrite. I have stock on hand.Also have a very small piece of the natural material. Not for sale. The synthetic I will part with some of it. Let me know and I can slice off a piece or facet it to the size and polish the ends for you. Just be sure to tell me the axis arrangement you need.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich