Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulse revisted

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Might as well pick up shares in neon while you are at it- and dont forget to up your death benefits-

P.S. I am not jokeing- that tube runs about 9000vdc at 1 amp- you can die before you even get to see the beam-

peace

I have a very sober fear of this thing. Also, fortunately I don't have 3-phase power here at home. :-)

I think I'm going to head out this weekend with a friend of mine and drive over to pick it up.

When I get back, I can say I traveled the equivalent of 1/4 of Earth's circumference. What a deal!

-Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    Might as well pick up shares in neon while you are at it- and dont forget to up your death benefits-

P.S. I am not jokeing- that tube runs about 9000vdc at 1 amp- you can die before you even get to see the beam-

peace
    I second that, If it doesn't stop your heart you'll at least loose an arm. Be careful man.

On a happier note... Congratulations on your purchase! That thing should be bad ass if it's in working condition. Does the PS really weigh 5 Tons??? Can't be that heavy. At least I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I have a very sober fear of this thing. Also, fortunately I don't have 3-phase power here at home. :-)

I think I'm going to head out this weekend with a friend of mine and drive over to pick it up.

When I get back, I can say I traveled the equivalent of 1/4 of Earth's circumference. What a deal!

-Jonathan
    Sounds like a fun drive. Are you taking I-90? If so, be sure to stay over in Lake Geneva, WI for a night and I'll make some "real" smoked barbecue for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    . . . Does the PS really weigh 5 Tons??? Can't be that heavy. At least I hope not.

Sounds like a fun drive. Are you taking I-90? If so, be sure to stay over in Lake Geneva, WI for a night and I'll make some "real" smoked barbecue for ya.
    I bet the power supply is not more than a couple-hundred pounds. Heavy though.

I bet we could stop by on the way through. Maybe a microLEM is in the cards...

-Jonathan

Don't know about life insurance, I'd have to take out pants insurance with that thing.

60 W . You could shoot down aircraft.

Nasa called, part of their Star Wars project is missing...

I bet the power supply is not more than a couple-hundred pounds. Heavy though.

I bet we could stop by on the way through. Maybe a microLEM is in the cards...

-Jonathan
    Hell yeah man! You and your friend are more than welcome to stop by. I can make ribs, chicken or pulled pork and I may be able to get you board if you don't mind sleeping on a couch bed with your friend. Lasers and barbecue.... MMMMMMM!

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post

Nasa called, part of their Star Wars project is missing...
    LOL!

I'll get you my itinerary when I figure out what it is. I'll plan on going North a little on the way back. I was going to take I-80, but 60 or so miles isn't really far out of the way when it's 3000+ miles each direction.

-Jonathan

I'll get you my itinerary when I figure out what it is. I'll plan on going North a little on the way back. I was going to take I-80, but 60 or so miles isn't really far out of the way when it's 3000+ miles each direction.

-Jonathan
    Yeah, I-80 "may" be a little less snowy this time of year bit it's really a crapshoot. If you can't make it, no big deal. However, your welcome to stop by to or from. Hopefully from. I want to see that beast. I don't think my little rotary phase converter would be able to get that thing powered but I do have a local warehouse with 3 phase if you want to fire that sucker up. Keep me posted!
    Thanks!
    Adam

PS: I got a fork lift for the PS if needed too.

Here's what I have so far. It's mind boggling trying to plan a 6k mile trip for this weekend...

To:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,57.832031&z=4

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...6,7.229004&z=7

-Jonathan