Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top gear lasers

Default Top gear lasers

Did anyone see the latest episode of Top Gear? In the test of the BMW M3 versus the Lexus, they use lasers! (To make 'artsy' shots of the two cars)

Indeed I saw it - looked like a nice argon to me.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yes I saw these - some very nice shots. Was just a pity for me they didn't pause on them a little longer, editor was a bit quick between shots.

I found the video is here for anyone who didn't see it (complete with laser scenes at 2 mins in):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2gV0Q-gh8Yw&fmt=18

I seem to remember more lasers in the original programme but maybe my memory is jaded.

yes also saw it, looked very good.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I think they were making up for last week.. They turned on the Blackpool lights and no sign of the 35 watt YAG on top of the tower

Mark

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

RGBLaserFan, your link is dead, they have removed the video due to "a copyright claim by BBC Worldwide Ltd."

Yeah looks like BBC have been all over Youtube.

There are still some vids left but non I could find with the laser scenes.

Talking of lasers on BBC shows - I caught some of Never mind the Buzzcocks last night on Dave - its from the recent series and the clip they showed before the 'identity parade' had what appeared to be a whitelight with no colour control firing beams over the heads of the band (I use this term lightly). The song was 'On a Ragga Tip' by SL2 there is a clip on YT of it but its not the one with the laser
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Yup, I saw that. Looked pretty cool.

Did anyone see the thing on The One Show a week back about the history of lasers? One that they showed is either extreamly old or they dont know much about lasers as it was being focused by bouncing it off lots of different mirrors.
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Talking of lasers on BBC shows - I caught some of Never mind the Buzzcocks last night on Dave - its from the recent series and the clip they showed before the 'identity parade' had what appeared to be a whitelight with no colour control firing beams over the heads of the band (I use this term lightly). The song was 'On a Ragga Tip' by SL2 there is a clip on YT of it but its not the one with the laser
    Rob
    Here you go:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B5B6fI...eature=related

9 mins 42 seconds into the clip.

There's also a bluish fan at the start.

2 White light at the side (possible 4 if mirrored from the other side).