Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LaserWorld PL-4000RGB

That is all fine than so take my spamming as attempt to quicker upgrade from member to senior member

hey larry-

how about poppin in your higher quality dichros. i think you will notice a big difference with that. also, how are the mounts for the dichros? is the alignment locked down well on this?? i have heard nightmares about the alignment on the pre-fab units after shipment.

i dont like the spec on the red. .71W is WELLLL below where it should be. is this just a simple current adjustment? or is there a problem with the diode?

do these have the capabilities of being switched to CW?? (just the raw modules). i would be interested in seeing if you get a different reading on the laser if it is running CW and NOT modulated at all. (whether a 5V signal is applied or not).

i have noticed that with some lasers i test that even applying a 5V signal *SOMETIMES* still does not provide 100% maximum output. but in CW mode (no modulation) it lases like a bat outta hell!

i really think with some new dichros and your new scanner mirrors you will have a BAD ASS laser system on your hands! although i am not a big fan of pre-fab units, it seems like your over all happy. and thats all that counts!

get us some pics by the way!! we NEEEEEEED our picture fix!!! (especially of that 642!!)

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

HI

This is the Swisslas 1 watt... this pix does not show it finished . Its a very nicely built unit.
    I don't see any claim by Swisslas that this is a 1.2 watt job ??
    That must come form the people selling it.

Its very nice but it ain't cheap !! You would have to love your bank manager to have a machine full of these beuties.

Cheers
    Ray
    NZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails swislas 1 watt.bmp  

whoa, is that 6 individual diodes combined? If so, by what means?

Yes, they use knife edge mirrors and PBS cubes.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Yes, they use knife edge mirrors and PBS cubes.
    I was just about to post that...

Lol!!! .
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Default UPDATE

Well I just got back from a trip to find that after a a little communication they send me a new Red Module.

They offered to pay to have it shipped back and then express it back to me but I needed it for a NYE show and was a bit concerned about it getting stuck in customs so I opted for them to send the module.

It was pretty easy to replace and now I am seeing 1.26W from it. So it is just over Guaranteed power of 1.2W

I am very happy with the customer service I have received so far on this. I understand that things happen to products especially when shipped overseas.

I attached a few picture while I have it open so you can all see the layout. When I get it back together I will try to get some action shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blue Power.JPG  

Green Power.JPG  

DSCN2753.JPG  

DSCN2755.JPG  

DSCN2756.JPG  

I ordered som new dichros from Amanda at One Stop Laser Shop (She is Awesome if you ever need anything, I have worked with her for years on everything from old Melles unit repairs to scanners and optics)

I am going to put it all together with original optics first and take some measurements but I think you are right as Amanda said they were seeing less than a 1% drop with their optics.

Not sure about the CW on these Does not seem to be available just by looking but I may ask. I have seen the same results you mention with measurements on my 5W green though .

Will send more ASAP

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    hey larry-

how about poppin in your higher quality dichros. i think you will notice a big difference with that. also, how are the mounts for the dichros? is the alignment locked down well on this?? i have heard nightmares about the alignment on the pre-fab units after shipment.

i dont like the spec on the red. .71W is WELLLL below where it should be. is this just a simple current adjustment? or is there a problem with the diode?

do these have the capabilities of being switched to CW?? (just the raw modules). i would be interested in seeing if you get a different reading on the laser if it is running CW and NOT modulated at all. (whether a 5V signal is applied or not).

i have noticed that with some lasers i test that even applying a 5V signal *SOMETIMES* still does not provide 100% maximum output. but in CW mode (no modulation) it lases like a bat outta hell!

i really think with some new dichros and your new scanner mirrors you will have a BAD ASS laser system on your hands! although i am not a big fan of pre-fab units, it seems like your over all happy. and thats all that counts!

get us some pics by the way!! we NEEEEEEED our picture fix!!! (especially of that 642!!)

-Marc

wondertwnz : that's a Swisslas red laser module??!! They cost a little fortune, but they are perfect