Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LaserWorld PL-4000RGB

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    Yes, they use knife edge mirrors and PBS cubes.
    Actually, close, but no cigar..

They don't use a PBS.. They just stack them side by side.. This is to get around Arctos' patents I think..

Same applies to the RGB laser systems 1.7w RGB lasers..

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Archos patented that? But isn't that something that is obvious because it was being done long before they ever did it.

Ben
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I think you will find extracts of the patents if you hunt around these parts..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    I think you will find extracts of the patents if you hunt around these parts..
    More useful would be finding prior art. Might not be that hard. As soon as someone does it, that Arctos patent falls apart like wet paper.

Edit: http://www.ipwatchdog.com/inventing/no-prior-art/
    That suggests that the Arctos patent WILL fall the moment someone demonstrates the obvious to those who decide these things. The only question seems to be 'does that also cost money, as the original patent did?' There is nothing in the Arctos patent that can't be reduced to mirrors and polarisation, both things well known in Newton's time. You can't patent the exact layout, there has to be more to it than that, as that lawyer describes. Arctos should never have been granted a patent at all, as far as I can tell, and I'd like to know why it happened, and how. I can't help thinking that a few firms could team up to pay for the court case or whatever hearing is required to overturn that patent, and wondering if the fact that they don't might be because they also have fragile patents they don't want disturbing in this kind of 'war'.
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 12-19-2008 at 04:54.

Rawful! "700 meellivahtts... 700 chineess meellivahtts"

"Mai-bee UPS heed deh vun-hundred-tvelve meellivahtts... yeah. Mai-bee vun-hundred-tventy meellivahtts lost on deh road."

I LOVE the accent! It was a perfect match for the commentary

I hope the guy does take action and gets them sorted out once and for all. Ultimately it does us little favour as buyers to have lasers allegedly leaving the factory under power, and ultimately, it doesn't do Laserworld any good to be suffering bad publicity.

Personally, I don't think they're bad lasers as a whole. I'm quite impressed with mine apart from the cheap dichros and poor beam specs on the red. Rest of the laser seems good quality. But then again I got more than the stated power in mine so I probably have little to complain about.

I too hope this guy takes action..

The weight of evidence, not only from the reviewer but others, seems to support that there is some sort of scamming going on.

How do you say its a 1.5watt, then bury in the specs , well its really from 750mw to 1.5 watt... As an electronics tech I find this level of variation unbelievable.. There's always a small risk of variation and there will always be some variation in any specification...like 1.4w or 1.6w but this high ??

It doesn't do our Chinese friends any good either as they get linked into the bad rep. There are a few Chinese manufacturers trying to lift their game to a good level. Now it appears there is a European company deliberately misleading potential clients.
    We can't blame the Chinese if some outfit is deliberately fitting low power units.. If I were Bridge I'd be fit to kill.... frustration man ..

I also find it hard ti believe that people post here on PL saying my ones OK BUT !!! and then go onto say well this bit isn't up to spec or that bit doesn't work etc.. Its a bit like that syndrome that hostages get... you know where they say the kidnappers are really not THAT bad you know..

Kick his arse I say ......

Have a happy Xmas all

Ray
    NZ

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

The guy seems to be taking the fact that he's been ripped off very well.
    But then again, I suspect that he was suspicious of LaserWorlds claims before he even ordered their underpowered crap.

I do hope that anyone considering purchasing from laserworld types LASERWORLD REVIEW into google and finds their way here.

Who knows, perhaps someone from LASERWORLD would even care to comment.
    After all, if LASERWORLD continues to sell this rubbish then eventually they'll be brought to justice by the appropriate authorities.

What about it LASERWORLD?

^ Agreed. if companies can keep getting away with this, they will. Someone needs to take action. The guy in the vid said he was going to take them to German "coart", I wonder if that ever happened?