Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LaserWorld PL-4000RGB

Default LaserWorld PL-4000RGB

Took a chance on this after reading some of the stories on here.
    Here is what I have.

Laser is specified at 4 Watt but Guarantee is 3.5W

I have the following modules
    Red 642 Guar=1.2W , Typ 1.5W (Laserworld)
    Green 532 Guar=1.3W , Typ 1.5W (CNI)
    Blue 445 Guar=1.0W , Typ 1.2W (Laserworld)

I got the unit in a fired it up, First thing I noticed was it was a bit noisy (Lots of Fans) but not Horrible. Also I noticed the white was very nice almost a little blue heavy.

After a bit of comparison I just did not feel it was quite as bright as it should be.
    I had ordered a brand new Meter from CT (Thanks Marc he is awesome) and got it in a started to check.

Decided to get measurement before the dichros and after.

I Measured the Green at 1.32W , Blue and 1.10 and Red was only .71W (I thought it seemed a little lack) After the Dichros I am seeing about a 4-5% drop
    Anyway as you see the blue and green are within the Guarantee but not the Red. I also notice the blue and Red do not seem to fully blank (A small amount of leakage).
    I am currently working with them to fix the problem (So far they have been very good about communication)

I will update and send pictures soon and let you know how the red get resolved but so far that is what I have.

Pro's
    Price
    Decent beam quality
    Nice Case (Well built)
    DMX Control functions are great

Con's
    Noisy
    Blanking?
    High loss in Dichros

Will update as I get more .

Thanks
    Larry

Thumbs up Welcome to the forum.

Wow man, that is a big chance. Definalty keep us informed. It sounds like you didn't do too bad from the readings you listed.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Keeping us informed with pictured is preferred!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Exclamation

WOW Larry!!!!
    That sucks!

You spent at least $ 30,000 for components!

For this price all yours laser units must work like a Swiss clock!
    You paied a lot of money and you must have good products.

I wish you fix all your poblems as I can't wait to see you "beast" on work!

Cheers!

p.s. what about to write a nice post about the new red model @642nm?
    Last edited by Steve Milani; 12-06-2008 at 15:55.
    my webpage
    http://stevemilani.jimdo.com
    Skype ID: stevemilani957

my RGB analogue projectors:
    3.9 W (640/532/445) 30kpps
    2.6 W (655/532/450) 30kpps
    2.5 W (638/532/450) 30kpps
    0.7 W (test unit)(635/532/473) 18kpps

Have you allowed for beam width on the red?

Its possible the red could be putting out its stated power but the the beam is too wide for the meter's sensor.

Of course that doesn't make it any better because if too big for the sensor then its probably too big for the mirrors so you lose some of it inside the projector but at least you know its meeting specs on output from the head.

Actually the red beam quality is pretty good on this, fits on scanner no problem. The Meter I got from CT is a thermopile with a fairly large sensor area so I do not think that would be an issue. Hopefully will get a response on Monday.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Have you allowed for beam width on the red?

Its possible the red could be putting out its stated power but the the beam is too wide for the meter's sensor.

Of course that doesn't make it any better because if too big for the sensor then its probably too big for the mirrors so you lose some of it inside the projector but at least you know its meeting specs on output from the head.

Hello!
    The Blue and the red ones are from swisslas.ch...
    They have only a 1W 640/660nm, a 2W 640/660nm and a 5W 640/660nm module, typically how laserworld works they say the 1W module has 1.2-1.5W.
    Have you messured the beam after the scanner mirror? Donīt forget, that normally the scannermirrors (special the from the really cheap laserworld "50"kpps scanners) loss much more than 15%
    If you say you loss complete 20% , 3% on Dichro and 17% on scannermirrors, the red has only ~800mW.
    But I think you messured befor the scanner mirrors...
    It can be, that there was a Produktion failure or something on the side of adjusting the red laser, so it shouldnīt be a big problem...
    Greetings,
    Phil

the leakage from the red and the blue is because they are raw diode based laser modules. The lasers basically sit just at or below the lasing threshold when they are blanked...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

if that green is barely making 1.3 W now, it probably won't be in 6 months.. its also not normal for a CNI laser to come new from factory barely making minimum power... i'd expect that cni is more like a 1watt...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Yes, I measured it straight out of the laser. I have not measured after the scan head yet, Will do that as I could change the scan mirrors to some higher quality I have here if needed.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Phritzler View Post
    Hello!
    The Blue and the red ones are from swisslas.ch...
    They have only a 1W 640/660nm, a 2W 640/660nm and a 5W 640/660nm module, typically how laserworld works they say the 1W module has 1.2-1.5W.
    Have you messured the beam after the scanner mirror? Donīt forget, that normally the scannermirrors (special the from the really cheap laserworld "50"kpps scanners) loss much more than 15%
    If you say you loss complete 20% , 3% on Dichro and 17% on scannermirrors, the red has only ~800mW.
    But I think you messured befor the scanner mirrors...
    It can be, that there was a Produktion failure or something on the side of adjusting the red laser, so it shouldnīt be a big problem...
    Greetings,
    Phil