Thread: Mini ITX PC - LD2000 Support

Default Mini ITX PC - LD2000 Support

Advice requested...I have an opportunity to purchase a small form factor pc (9W x 5H x 12D), which I intend to dedicate as an LD2000 use only computer. I don't want to go the route of a notebook computer & QM2000.net at this time.It's a turn-key system, dual-core Intel Atom proc 330, 1gb mem, 80gb drive, CDRW/DVDROM, w/Vista Home Basis, Single full-height PCI slot, 250W pwr supply - $400. Seams like a reasonable compromise between use of a notebook and/or some of the smaller stealth systems. It's a Supercase MI-100should anyone want to google this.It's a fanless case, but I can resolve that if needed with a drive bay fan. I'm not too thrilled with Vista Home Basic OS - would rather have XP Pro.Also not sure if the single full-height PCI slot is the way to go. I'd apreciate any feedback folks before I proceed in this direction. And yes - Santa was kind this year, as I've made to leap to Pangolin LD2000.Any thoughts on why I should not go this route? Anyone out there with a similar small form factor computer used for their LD2000?Your comments appreciated!Greg

Hi, I cant really help with the Ld2000 as ive never owned one, but I have also bought a mini-ITX board, that I will use VNC to connect to over WiFi. Saves having to run ~20m of cat5 cable. So far with my VNC tests, everything seems to be working fine with it.

This is a 17x17cm board, 1Ghz processor

Lightbulb

I think the janitor has something like this.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Jem has some sort of mini pc along with LD2000.

Try a PM or see if he posts in here. I know his mini pc works fine with it but beyond that I can't tell you anything.

as long as the board physically fits in the case i dont see what the problem would be, its just a regular computer - smaller