Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell Assembled 50W Q-switched DPSS Laser System

I haven't found any photos in my ThinkPad. It's now 02:30 AM in Beijing (CHINA) time.
    I will arrange my mates to take some photos maybe later this week.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Nice!
    Post some pics of those Sky Beam lasers and prices
    Tony (Dr. Li Yang)

liyang@sino-laser.com

Sino-Laser (Beijing) Inc

High Power Diode Lasers & DPSS Lasers
    Laser Diode Bars (Arrays)
    20W, 50W, 75W, 100W, .., 500W DPSS Lasers
    Diode Modules & DPSS Laser Modules

Quote Originally Posted by Sino-Laser View Post
    I haven't found any photos in my ThinkPad. It's now 02:30 AM in Beijing (CHINA) time.
    I will arrange my mates to take some photos maybe later this week.

:-)
    Good deal!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    Good deal!

Thanks

As my experience, it won't be too difficult to build a high power 532nm sky beam. You can use a 50W DPSS Laser module with a KTP and some resonator mirrors to build the whole system. The key point is the 1064nm focusing & KTP adjustment.

Here attached an L-Fold plan for the 532nm sky beam:

Tony (Dr. Li Yang)

liyang@sino-laser.com

Sino-Laser (Beijing) Inc

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    As most people here use lasers for display purposes, a frequency doubled laser (532nm) would be more usefull and likely to sell better.

I presume this is a water cooled head? Are you able to make a module that uses forced air for cooling? This simplifies use, especially for mobile shows.

Thank you.
    Disagree - YOU are correct that "most" people "here" use lasers for display purpose, However, The market for a reliable industrial DPSS IR laser for material processing VASTLY DWARFS the entertainment "business"

If you used forced air cooling with his design it would be dead in 24 hours due to optical contamination..

It appears to be a "doughnut" pump chamber, it is not a new design, doughnut pump chambers has been manufactured successfully in the US for a decade or more. It appears to be another copy. WADR

IMHO you would not purchase one of his "rails" You would purchase his DPSS module & driver and build a proper "optical relay cavity" not a L-fold resonator...at least that is what I would do. (warning:certification issues)

He still did not address the optical contamination issues as well as the importing issues as related to the NCDRH. I said it is a nice laser but it needs improvement IMHO. May be a language barrier but you cant skirt the US regs. If the module and PS are reliable then that is the heart of the system, everything else is boilerplate technology.

help me out steve, i'm not getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    Disagree - YOU are correct that "most" people "here" use lasers for display purpose, However, The market for a reliable industrial DPSS IR laser for material processing VASTLY DWARFS the entertainment "business"

If you used forced air cooling with his design it would be dead in 24 hours due to optical contamination..

It appears to be a "doughnut" pump chamber, it is not a new design, doughnut pump chambers has been manufactured successfully in the US for a decade or more. It appears to be another copy. WADR

IMHO you would not purchase one of his "rails" You would purchase his DPSS module & driver and build a proper "optical relay cavity" not a L-fold resonator...at least that is what I would do. (warning:certification issues)

He still did not address the optical contamination issues as well as the importing issues as related to the NCDRH. I said it is a nice laser but it needs improvement IMHO. May be a language barrier but you cant skirt the US regs. If the module and PS are reliable then that is the heart of the system, everything else is boilerplate technology.

help me out steve, i'm not getting anywhere.
    Agree.

Most of our clients purchase only our DPSS Laser modules. We've delivered lots of modules to US. There is no importing issues for it. These modules are not the "doughnut" pump design. The Nd:YAG rod is pumped by 3 to 5 pcs of linear arrays of diode bars. We designed the heatsink and the mounting structure for that.

Tony (Dr. Li Yang)

liyang@sino-laser.com

Sino-Laser (Beijing) Inc

Excuse my ignorance here, but would it be possible to use the dpss module to replace the lamp pump chamber in a laserscope or something similar?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

That DPSS drawing is the one from "stan" in the faq.

While it will work, it doesnt address KTP positioning and heating issues and dust shielding and the astigmatism correction. You still need giant pulse suppression and a means of keeping the IR light out of the rod edges. Stan specs 3 diode bars at 120 watts of pump.

They must be CDRH certified as a Laser, if they are a pump chamber or as a complete laser before legal entry to the US. Only other way the can legally enter the country is as a experimental device on bond. Customs will seize them if there is not proper paperwork.
    Pump diodes make it a laser, not a part in cdrh's view.

Ie keyswitch,, timer, emission indicator, CLASS IV warnings, emission indicators, stickers, turn on delay. Because it is pump chamber with pump lasers, it IS a laser

I'm not dissing sinolaser's module, I'm saying there is quite a bit more to making a high power greenie.

Steve

Absolutely, not ignorant at all!, makes perfect sense.........sort of......

This is not a new or novel idea, to replace gas filled bulbs with pn junctions...it is the wave of the future. However, the cost of their DPSS chamber and control electronics will add $5500.00 to the cost of the laserscope laser that you already have and paid for. You can replace several rods and many lamps for the cost of the "retrofit". (5500.00 is a VERY reasonable price for what you would get...provided it is RELIABLE) Like buying a house...it has to pencil.

*Announcement* Can I see a show of hands of those who own a big ass roll around mr coffee vag burner who will be purchasing this retrofit?....

*crickets* just as i thought.......

I could take one of these chambers & electronics and build a CDRH certified optical relay green "sky shooter" (a HIGH quality product in about 4 months...(see my cobra yag thread for what I can do))...but it would have to sell for around $35,000.00 MINIMUM. AND NOT ONE OF YOU WOULD BUY ONE...WHY??? BECAUSE YOU CANT / WON'T AFFORD IT!!! Other than permanant installations where the budget is unlimited, you would choose a used POS vag burner over something quality ANYDAY...I know the mentality of MOST of individuals in this industry. (no offense to ANYBODY...PLEASE!!!!) Please understand, I have been there and DONE THAT!

Another fact- assuming the DPSS does about 50 watts Q-sW thats about a 25 watt green laser ON THE FINEST DAY OF OPERATION. That is great for 1kw dissipation as they claim (which is excellent)...but it isnt 40 watts of green either.

You see... the entertainment business IS NOT the buisness for this product....YET... Can I use this hammer to drive a screw? SURE but will people now start using this hammer to drive screws...maby if it gets cheap enough....(and it will)

I said it earlier in this series, materials processing & industrial engraving IS the market for what these fine folks have developed. It appears to be VERY HIGH quality and being made in China...priced accordingly. It appears that they are importing it as an OEM which means that whoever receives the item will have to incorporate it into their certified machine.

Who knows...some day we may go pick one up at Wal-Mart next to the blenders

We are trying to apply related certifications in US and European market, such as RoHs & CE. The previous delivered items (around 100 pcs) to US and European market this year were mostly declared as business samples, not in batches.

This product is designed to replace the traditional Lamp Pumping Chambers with much more economic price.

Here is our price for regular 50W and 75W DPSS lasers.

50W DPSS Laser Module + Laser Diode Driver = 4000 USD.
    75W DPSS Laser Module + Laser Diode Driver = 5500 USD.
    100W DPSS Laser Module + Laser Diode Driver = 6000 USD.

We provide 1 years warranty for industry clients, and 1.5 years warranty for academic clients.

Best regards,

Tony

Absolutely, not ignorant at all!, makes perfect sense.........sort of......

This is not a new or novel idea, to replace gas filled bulbs with pn junctions...it is the wave of the future. However, the cost of their DPSS chamber and control electronics will add $5500.00 to the cost of the laserscope laser that you already have and paid for. You can replace several rods and many lamps for the cost of the "retrofit". (5500.00 is a VERY reasonable price for what you would get...provided it is RELIABLE) Like buying a house...it has to pencil.

*Announcement* Can I see a show of hands of those who own a big ass roll around mr coffee vag burner who will be purchasing this retrofit?....

*crickets* just as i thought.......

I could take one of these chambers & electronics and build a CDRH certified optical relay green "sky shooter" (a HIGH quality product in about 4 months...(see my cobra yag thread for what I can do))...but it would have to sell for around $35,000.00 MINIMUM. AND NOT ONE OF YOU WOULD BUY ONE...WHY??? BECAUSE YOU CANT / WON'T AFFORD IT!!! Other than permanant installations where the budget is unlimited, you would choose a used POS vag burner over something quality ANYDAY...I know the mentality of MOST of individuals in this industry. (no offense to ANYBODY...PLEASE!!!!) Please understand, I have been there and DONE THAT!

Another fact- assuming the DPSS does about 50 watts Q-sW thats about a 25 watt green laser ON THE FINEST DAY OF OPERATION. That is great for 1kw dissipation as they claim (which is excellent)...but it isnt 40 watts of green either.

You see... the entertainment business IS NOT the buisness for this product....YET... Can I use this hammer to drive a screw? SURE but will people now start using this hammer to drive screws...maby if it gets cheap enough....(and it will)

I said it earlier in this series, materials processing & industrial engraving IS the market for what these fine folks have developed. It appears to be VERY HIGH quality and being made in China...priced accordingly. It appears that they are importing it as an OEM which means that whoever receives the item will have to incorporate it into their certified machine.

Who knows...some day we may go pick one up at Wal-Mart next to the blenders
    Tony (Dr. Li Yang)

liyang@sino-laser.com

Sino-Laser (Beijing) Inc

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Tony:

You need 21 code of Federal Regulations 1040 subchapter I and subchapter J

Manufacturers certification for non ionizing radiation devices

Administered by the Center for Devices and Radiologic Health, US Food and Drug Administration,

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/radhealth/products/lasers.html

FDA/CDRH tells customs what lasers may and may not enter the country. Its simple paperwork and requires record keeping.

The US Embassy trade section can tell you who to contact.

CDRH compliance will soon be harmonized with IEC The European Laser Safety Standard.

IEC 60825-1, Am. 2 and IEC 60601-2-22

* Performance Standard - General (1010)
    * Performance Standard - Lasers and Products Incorporating Lasers (1040.10)
    * Performance Standard - Specific Laser Products (1040.11)
    * Variances from Standards (1010.4)
    * Chap. 29 of FAA Order 7400.2F, Procedures for Handling Airspace Matters, Outdoor Laser Operations

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-08-2008 at 17:43.