Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamtech (Chameleon) ALC60 Argon system - Pic's required

Default Chamtech (Chameleon) ALC60 Argon system - Pic's required

I know this is a long shot but does anyone have any internal pictures of one of these Chamtech's (George Duff) Chameleon Blue/Green ALC60 based Argon systems pictured below?
    Mine is empty between the ALC60 and the output window

I have the colour change card as you can see from the pic's and can more or less guess where it fit's but don't have the original scanset, I do however have an old set to fit into it. I could just do with seeing an original setup as to how everything is fitted in.

It also has plugs and silkscreen writing mentioning a HeNe laser output on the PSU board underneath? Maybe a small HeNe was fitted originally to give whitelight output?

Any help appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2439.JPG  

IMG_2438.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I used to have one of these.

After the card with the colour flags, was an optional servo fitted with diffraction gratings, then the scanners. These were GM20's. The mount was a custom designed item that allowed the beam to enter from the rear. The first scanner mirror the beam hit was the X axis one. This scanner was inclined at 45 deg to allow the beam to pass vertically up to the Y axis scanner.

I never saw any of these systems fitted with a HeNe, altough I believe 1 system was made with a whitelight ALC60. Fitting a red diode would be a better option though.

The ALC60 for these was modified with a longer chassis. This allowed the colour card to fit just in front of the front mirror assembly. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures. I could do a drawing if you wished.

I see.
    I have the servo and the DG (DG not shown in pic's) and it also has another dichro mirror mount on the servo side of the board as you can see in the pics. Can't work out what this is for? Maybe the red add dichro?

You are correct about the chassis.

A drawing would be helpfull thanks.

I also have the PM21 controller and cabling to go with this and after the impending UKLEM 3.5 next weekend, I will be spending a bit of time on it reconditioning it all up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2443.JPG  

IMG_2442.JPG  

IMG_2441.JPG  

IMG_2440.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Not seen one like that before. Give me until tomorrow tea time and I will have answers and drawings for you.

Have you got the G120 mounts?

To re-fit that colour card I'm pretty sure you need to drop the head out of the chassis - which is not as big of a job as it sounds...
    From the underneath you need to loosen the 4 big machine screws that secure the mounting plate that hold the head mounting plate in position. Front ones are shown poking through (circled in red) and there's another couple at the back. It helps to get the fans out of the way with a long magnetic screwdriver first as well, easier to detach the cable from the head once they're out of the way.
    Once you have the head/plate removed you can fit the colour card back into position with screws going up through the holes circled in green into the bracket, it's fitted with the dichros closest to the laser. The 15way ribbon and pwr cables for it are poking up through the hole in the baseplate on the right, the pwr connectors need to go on before fitting the card into position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2441.JPG  

You are correct.

OK then. First off is a drawing showing how the components were originally alligned. I think this is correct, although the scanners may be arranged the opposite way around.

I have also spoken with George regarding the mystery optic. He has confirmed this is NON STANDARD, and must have been added by a previous owner. Also, none of these systems were ever made with a HeNe in parallel to the argon. I hope this helps a little.

OK, thanks for the information people, very helpful.
    I think I am going to direct the output beam from after the colour changer/DG card around and into the side of a standard galvo mount rather than trying to mount at 45 degrees.

I will take some shot's this evening of the underside PSU and show the HeNe reference.

Thanks

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Is the PSU the original Chameleon one?

Yes it is.
    It has the name silkscreened into it.

Pic's to follow.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!