Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It Lives!!

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28698550&hl=en

A little tough to see after google processed the video, but it lases!
    Hi Dave,

Yes indeed, during our own ESD testing experiments, we found that you could indeed see light coming out of the laser while you are shocking it with ESD. We put single, 1 nanosecond pulses into the laser diode and, amazingly, could still see the light with our naked eye.

The real question is this: Did the laser diode work AFTER it was being shocked? I bet it didn't...

We just about have these LASORB devices packaged as a purchasable product. Once we are ready with the packaging, I wanted to make another video showing what happens to a laser diode that is struck by ESD with and without LASORB. What we have found (and will demonstrate on the video) is that one single shot of ESD will destroy a laser diode and make it stop working, but when protected by LASORB, we are able to hit the laser again and again with no problem.

Bill

Hey Bill, oh I'm sure the diode is cooked, I haven't tested it since zapping it. This LASORB product you have sounds like it could benefit other products aside from just laser diodes. Very nice work!