Thread: A sad day! :(

Default A sad day! :(

I fired up my old Chameleon Technologiies PM22 today, it's been a few months, only to discover that it will no longer start up.

It allows you to enter the passcode, but then displays "***EXCEP" on the upper screen and "ADDRES" on the lower one, and all buttons are locked.

Anyone else got one of these and seen this? Or is it bin fodder!

Shame really, I still haven't found a computer/software based solution I like as much as this unit, though it is 13 years old!

Any help greatly appreciated!

***EDIT***, OK ignore that request, I've found an old pdf of the instructions and it would appear that it was a memory battery failure, I have reset the unit and it is working again, unfortunately it does require a complete re-program though!

That should give me something to do on these long winters nights! *heheh*
    Last edited by Yag; 12-09-2008 at 10:04.

When all else fails, RTFM.

Glad you got a good result there. Although I was just about to offer you £50 for it as spares.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    When all else fails, RTFM.

Glad you got a good result there. Although I was just about to offer you £50 for it as spares.

Fair call, I'd forgotten I even had a manual!

Though I was surprised that the manual did actually cover this failure, although I didn't actually get the error message it described, I guessed it was trying to say the same thing!

Hi Yag

It could be worth getting intouch with George at ChamTech about having a new battery fitted. I bought a PM25 from George about 6 months ago.
    He told me that he was winding down the buisness but is still willing to service any of his products.

My PM25 has a SuperCap instead of a battery for the memory backup. May be this could be adapted to your PM22.

Don't you just love these PM control desks. I do

Carl