Thread: >140mW TEC cooled green - $135

Default >140mW TEC cooled green - $135

This is a 200mw lab style green laser which I bought from Yobresal some time ago as a barely working TEM02 ~65mW unit. (the laser originates from the chinese department store) This unit has a universal power supply with TTL modulation. I took it apart and after testing found the TEC had died (which ended up being a quite large pain to replace since it was epoxied)

I replaced the TEC and sealed the perimeter with glue, and spent a few days realigning the crystals and was able to obtain an output power of >200mW. The unit has since been in an out of storage with fairly little usage, and had the crystals knocked out of alignment recently when my dad was cleaning my room.

Long story short it was a good learning experience to repair it, but at this point I think it would be good to let someone else make use of it. I did a quick realignment of the crystals and it's currently running at 140mW stable.

So this would be a good buy for anyone that wants to dabble in the workings of a DPSS laser or even just incorporating it into a projector. At this price you could just hack it for the ~2-3 watt 808nm diode in it :P

The only thing this laser is missing is one of the collimating lenses which is at home, so if you buy this laser I won't be able to ship it until this coming week when I return home for xmas break.

So I'm asking $135usd + shipping for a laser capable of over 140mW. It will come installed in the radioshack project box housing you see in the pictures; ready for tweaking - I am also open to trades if you think you might have something interesting

pics of the laser in operation:
    Click Image to Enlarge

hitting 199mW:
    Click Image to Enlarge

shooting out my window: (no fog)
    Click Image to Enlarge

the raw laser module:
    Click Image to Enlarge

power supply:
    Click Image to Enlarge

laser is pendng