Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about this laser

Default What do you think about this laser

http://www.djtraximus.com/proddetail...SCO300RGBLASER

It might by me a christmas present. He would fell out all the paperwork for the variance for the laser. And will not ship the laser untill he gets the variance back for it. Yes it's green heavy and needs more red but since their dollar is so low I don't think someone could even make it for that price. I don't have the knowledge to attemp it anyhow. If it's good I would get a 2nd one and put them on each side of my mobo. What do you guy think about the laser? I know how you guys like pictures so here's my set up for my first show. www.youtube.com/topnotchlaser yes the lights are all mine.
    Last edited by jamesx1234; 12-09-2008 at 12:59.

ask for the ascession # for the projector. and go check out the product report for the unit. ( www.regulations.gov )

if the unit has no ascession # and/or no product report filed, it WILL NOT GET A VARIANCE!!!! PERIOD!!

just a heads up for ya. FDA/CDRH is getting VEEEEEEERY upset with these pre-fab laser importers. i AM NOT saying "DJ Traximus" is one of these annoyances, i am simply telling you to check the legitimacy of his claims.

ANYONE can "CLAIM" FDA approved, and CDRH certified.....but what is "CLAIMED" and what is "REALITY" are 2 different things!!!

i am sure this is legit. just protect yourself.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

This is off topic... but what does it mean by 8-bit TTL??

Isn't that just regular TTL blanking or am I missing something here??

"9. 8-Bit TTL Color (Similar to analog modulation)"

I looked at this as well....

It's a Neo-Laser product. My understanding is that these are CDRH varianced and may be among the best quality RGB Chinese projectors being made? http://www.neo-laser.com.cn/

Integrated FB3 controller, TTL modulation, 15K scanners and 300mW. I'm leaning towards all analog modulation, faster scanners and more power for my projector, not to mention the challenge of building my own. For a turn-key, varianced projector it may be a good start (assuming that you do not need more power or want to build it yourself).

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by GooeyGus View Post
    "9. 8-Bit TTL Color (Similar to analog modulation)"

That just plain doesn't make sense in my opinion.... Phrased as "8-bit TTL Color" indicates to me that it has 8 TTL lines for modulating up to 8 different colors. But the "Similar to analog" throws that all off. Is that a Chinese company? May just be a minor translation problem.

They are probably saying that they can get 8 bit color with the system which would make more sence. With TTL RGB you can get 8 colors.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Default Not enough red....

I would be missing more red the whole time with that unit. You can tell from the pictures... it's there, but I would rather have it dripping with red.

How about this one. http://www.djtraximus.com/proddetail...BSCANNINGLASER It's only about $500.00 more US. It has 50mw more blue and 150mw more red. It's list sold out stock coming in. Thanks again for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    That just plain doesn't make sense in my opinion.... Phrased as "8-bit TTL Color" indicates to me that it has 8 TTL lines for modulating up to 8 different colors. But the "Similar to analog" throws that all off. Is that a Chinese company? May just be a minor translation problem.
    Here's another line that will throw you for a loop... unless I'm missing something again

"These images captures how well the laser can produce wonderful rich beam patterns. The laser is 7bit color and can produce 500,000 different colors."

Maybe they mean, 7 bit as in, each laser has 7 different brightness settings, which essentially is Analog.