Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now *this* looks like fun!

Smile Now *this* looks like fun!

Just found this on Reddit. These guys made a home-made water slide in their backyard while their parents were out of town. Watch the video and see for yourself. It totally cracked me up. I would probably be willing to give it a go though - sure looks like fun...

Adam

Holy crap!!

Cool...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I like the little ski-jump ramp at the end. That pool looks a bit small though. In Christchurch Park, Ipswich (in Suffolk, UK) there was a long slide built down a large slope in the land. I don't know if it's still there, tried looking for it on Google Maps last year, and couldn't see it. Must be visible if it is still there, I think. No water, but at times it was wet from rain or snow. No lift at the end either. It was steel, bright as a mainline rail from the polish it got, it was heavily used, and with the right clothes on it was easy to get fast enough to overshoot the long flat ending. Which was only about 9 inches off flat dry earth so it wasn't too bad if that happened. I hope it IS still there, but it's the kind of thing that current safety regs would wipe out because they don't like people wiping out. But they wouldn't unless they tried it standing. People did, at times.

Either someone is good at acceleration calculations... or has VERY good luck... or Hey! who's that guy with his arm in a sling?

James.

Shouldn't be very complicated to figure out how far you would go for a certain speed. Especially since the distance is pretty small and the air resistance is negligible.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Smile

I noticed the guy with his arm in a sling too. Made me wonder if he was the test dummy they used to get the distance right!

Still, it looks like they're having a lot of fun. How come water parks don't make slides like this? (You could make it a large, deep pool that you land in... I just want the ski ramp at the end of the slide!)

Very cool stuff...

Adam

Talking

When I was a kid, there was a place called Valley View Lake Park, that was owned by the parents of one of the kids I went to school with. Supposedly they had the tallest free standing water slide in the world! (well maybe!)

It was several flights of stairs in a big steal structure ~ definitely the tallest thing around for miles! You just about broke the sound barrier on the way down and yes, the end of it slightly ramped up just right for maximum distance.

HOLY SH^T!

James.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I noticed the guy with his arm in a sling too. Made me wonder if he was the test dummy they used to get the distance right!

Still, it looks like they're having a lot of fun. How come water parks don't make slides like this? (You could make it a large, deep pool that you land in... I just want the ski ramp at the end of the slide!)

Very cool stuff...

Adam
    They have one around here with a straight 100 foot long slide then a 20 foot drop into a pool.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Cool

Yeah, I've been to water parks that have a DROP into a pool at the end of the slide. I want one that *launches* you into the air with a ramp like in the video...

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ... I want one that *launches* you into the air with a ramp like in the video...
    With your back problems !?!
    Crazy dude !!