Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your daily portion of Photons

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Youtube realy messes up the image quality, en yes its hugo 19x 10W green & 3 x 10W full color.
    www.vimeo.com

Free and much higher quality than Youtube.

You can only upload 1 HD video per week unless you go premium but SD are unlimited, only a 1GB cap applies.

Sometimes uploader is buggy especially with MPEG4's, try the basic one of having problems.
    Last edited by White-Light; 05-31-2013 at 22:34.

Damn... that hugo goes to excess! Nothing like laser overkill though 'muahahahaha'. Great rig.

Well, personally I think it IS overkill (I don't like this setup).

Qlimax 2004 setup was way better (and only 1 or 2 watt green each).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy-yT...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post

Good point, I like it better too. Much easier on the eye, less busy and more 'defined'.... amazing stuff. What a pricey setup that must be.

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Incredible!
    Looks like Hugos' work if i'm not mistaken
    Alright....That's it!!... I gotta 'lay down a card on the table' here... I mean, Yes - Hugo IS a LaserGod - no question about it - one of the greatest - but ya know what??? ...You give any one of us 'old-skoolers' over 'this side of the pond' a 6-figure budget, a 30K-person, one-level arena, and a year to plan - and we could kick some photon-phanny, too, ok???!!!

Gimme that room, 2- Sabres, 2 of Pat B's 12-pos. tables, with 2- high-speed LFI color-boxes (lossy PCAO not needed, here...)
    2- twin EMS 4K scan-heads, (each table) a 60W KTP with 6- Fiber-heads, 48- bounce-mirrors, 6- sheets of fan-grating, 6- of 'burst',
    96- 2' - 5' heavy-latex sphere-balloons, a 6' mirror-ball and 5 days...

(oh, yeah, and I need dedicated 208 3Ø @ 400A and dedicated 6 gpm H20 + drain, and a case of Guinness...)
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 12-12-2008 at 00:40.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Alright....That's it!!... I gotta 'lay down a card on the table' here... I mean, Yes - Hugo IS a LaserGod - no question about it - one of the greatest - but ya know what??? ...You give any one of us 'old-skoolers' over 'this side of the pond' a 6-figure budget, a 30K-person, one-level arena, and a year to plan - and we could kick some photon-phanny, too, ok???!!!

Gimme that room, 2- Sabres, 2 of Pat B's 12-pos. tables, with 2- high-speed LFI color-boxes (lossy PCAO not needed, here...)
    2- twin EMS 4K scan-heads, (each table) a 60W KTP with 6- Fiber-heads, 48- bounce-mirrors, 6- sheets of fan-grating, 6- of 'burst',
    96- 2' - 5' heavy-latex sphere-balloons, a 6' mirror-ball and 5 days...

(oh, yeah, and I need dedicated 208 3Ø @ 400A and dedicated 6 gpm H20 + drain, and a case of Guinness...)
    j
    "Yelp", "yelp" (sound of a scolded puppy running away)
    Sir, you know your stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenVDV View Post

I total agree Qlimax 2004 is one of the best shows ever, but this was something new, I never ever seen such setup before.

A new Day, new Photons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010947.jpg  

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Currently working on that... Now that PL has some shiny new hardware to run on I expect to have it taken care of by the end of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Shiney new hardware...
    See? Didn't even notice that Spec managed to migrate the entire fricken' site over to a virtual dedicated server last weekend, did you?

What's that? Didn't notice that page loads are faster? That's because he's always ahead of the usability curve. He upgrades *before* he has to. And we never know unless he tells us. What a guy.

Adam

PS: Just yanking your chain Aaron. I know most of us don't know about all the work Spec does in the background just to keep this place running. But he *has* been quite busy lately working on this.

Hey RG -

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    "Yelp", "yelp" (sound of a scolded puppy running away)
    Sir, you know your stuff
    Lol - Sorry, RG I was afraid that might happen (you'd think I was picking on you / your comment - it was not toward you, my friend! ) - it was really just a joke on Hugo - yes, the guy is great... but like I said - and I am sure this goes for most-everybody on PL - there are many, many talented laserists, here - you give any of us a 6-digit heap of money for lasers-unlimited, a ginormous, one-floor room like that, and a year to plan - - I think we could top Hugos's work... (all due respect, mind-you...)

So that's all...I just didn't want you to mis-understand cause I used your post as a 'springboard'...

peace, bro..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...