Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIXTY ALC60X For Sale

Hi Carl, I postponed George to Wednesday, as I went to see Hawkwind tonight. The argon system will probably be with either a PM19 or PM21. these are better adapted to handle multicoloured lasers.

Scanset if he has one?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I'm not kidding. George from Chameleon has asked my to sell his entire stock of ALC60X lasers. These were originally bought direct from Xerox about 3-4 years ago. Condition of these varies considerably from pulsing (needs a regas) to outputting over 120mW. Some will have single line lenses, others multiline.

If you have the time and effort to invest in sorting these out, you could probably make a tidy profit on these, as well as having a good few for yourself.

They will need to be collected from Southampton

£2000 for the lot. That is £33.33 each.
    What is George up to these days ? - I always wondered if he got involved with the chamsys lighting desks, since the name is sorta similar..

Anyway, i think it will be hard to sell these lasers without PSU's as the PSUs seems to be the hardest part to find.. i have several SP163's here, but havent been able to find a psu for any of them (unless i wanted to pay a crazy amount of money)..

Will he be holding a "yard sale" of all his old equipment and parts ? - that would almost be worth a trip to southampton.. Does he have any old PM22's he wants to let go for cheap, and how about other parts and components.. Please send me the list, if he is making one.. Thanks !

Regards, Simon

George is involved with the Chamsys lighting desks. Unfortunately (for us) there is more money to be made doing these than lasers. I will be posting items for sale here once I receive them from George. Very unlikely to be any PM22, but will be some PM19/21/25 desks available.

Other items will include colour change cards, Large enclosures, possibly some relay cards and SMPSU for argons.

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Scanset if he has one?
    I presume that is including the G120's?

Yes.
    I would be interested in a price please?

Thanks
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Just to update this thread. Serious offers are invited on these lasers if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Other items will include colour change cards, Large enclosures, possibly some relay cards and SMPSU for argons.
    What are those SMPSUs for argons - are they for the 60X types ? - if so i would be interested in one, i think they can power a SP163 too..

Thanks !

Regards, Simon

The SMPSU are specially designed for the ALC60X. They have an output of 12 amps.

Cool

With some heavy modification they'll power the SP163 head. The filament voltage and current are the same, and the tube voltage is within a volt or two. Connectors are completely different though, and you'll need to figure out how to power the ignitor.

I wouldn't run the current at 12 amps though - the 163 likes to be run lower. 8 amps is the sweet spot. They'll take up to 14 amps for short periods, but lifespan suffers.

Adam