Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SIXTY ALC60X For Sale

Arrow SIXTY ALC60X For Sale

I'm not kidding. George from Chameleon has asked my to sell his entire stock of ALC60X lasers. These were originally bought direct from Xerox about 3-4 years ago. Condition of these varies considerably from pulsing (needs a regas) to outputting over 120mW. Some will have single line lenses, others multiline.

If you have the time and effort to invest in sorting these out, you could probably make a tidy profit on these, as well as having a good few for yourself.

They will need to be collected from Southampton

£2000 for the lot. That is £33.33 each.

EDIT: Also open to serious offers on these.
    Last edited by QUAZAR; 12-16-2008 at 11:55.

Just curious, do these all have power supplies and umbilical cables? I'm also guessing the supplies are set for 220VAC? Not that I'm anywhere near Southhampton, just curious!

No supplies or cables with these, just bare heads.
    Although, I think there are some connectors if you wish to make your own cable sets.

Default hiya

what are these things. i looked at some pictures and they look amazing. i only know about dpss lasers so all info would be great. are they argon? is argon just one colour? are argon lasers pulsed lasers? iv read that pulsed lasers cant be used for audience scanning is this correct? any info would be great

thanks ollie

sounds like a great deal by the way but i dont know enough about these to buy em
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

These are CW (not pulsed) argon lasers. With multiline optics you can get between 3-5 shades of green and blue from them. Usually 3 colours is optimal cyan, green and blue. The deeper colours are quite faint.

This picture from Smogthemog clearly shows the colour spectrum available. Obviously without the giffraction, all these colours are combined and will give a brighter single colour beam.

HB lasers in Germany can regas these and fit high end optics. These conversions can liberate 250-300mW from these heads.

We used to use a pair of these at Sunny Side Up in London. This was a 750 capacity club and they absolutely rocked the place.

will they sell any individually or only as a lot?

He wants to sell as bulk lot. Otherwise it means spending ages powering them all up and measuring the putput before selling at a greater price. He just wants them out of the way quickly.

George is leaving the laser business to concentrate on high end DMX lighting desks and is selling everything laser related. There will be plenty of goodies coming up here.

Do you know if he has any spares at all for my Chamlelion ALC60X setup we have spoke about on another thread?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Do you know if he has any spares at all for my Chamlelion ALC60X setup we have spoke about on another thread?
    I know he still has plenty of the colour boxes and possibly 2 PSU's left.
    I know he is thinking of using 1 to build a complete argon system to sell. What were you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I know he is thinking of using 1 to build a complete argon system to sell. What were you looking for?
    Will this included A PM25 as he did mention to me that he was possable
    going to be building another for someone soon.

Did you manage to speak to George today about the cheque I sent him last month?

Carl