Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remote Control Madness

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Cool Remote Control Madness

Hmmm.. What could be a more dangerous hobby than having high powered lasers?

Dude.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Smile

I thought you'd be interested, ya gun toting maniac !!

I wonder when we'll get the frst Fly By Shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    I thought you'd be interested, ya gun toting maniac !!

I wonder when we'll get the frst Fly By Shooting.
    Yeah, I know -
    Guns and helicopters: who would have thought I would have ANY interest in that combination!!

(Although even I will admit that the thoughts of some wack-job flying an armed R/C helicopter is a bit disturbing!! )

For the record -
    Any interest I have in things armed and dangerous is purely meant towards the betterment of mankind.....

Like the T-shirt says:
    Peace - through superior firepower
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Peace - through superior firepower
    When I was serving aboard a ballistic missle submarine, our motto was:
    "Peace - through overwhelming intimidation"

Either way though, the armed RC helicopter is seriously cool. I'm surprised that the recoil from a .45 automatic didn't affect the flight of the helicopter more though. Makes me wonder if you could mount something like a TEC-9 or even a MAC-10 on there... (How cool would *that* be?)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Either way though, the armed RC helicopter is seriously cool. I'm surprised that the recoil from a .45 automatic didn't affect the flight of the helicopter more though. Makes me wonder if you could mount something like a TEC-9 or even a MAC-10 on there... (How cool would *that* be?)

Adam

Hmmm...

We could get MechEng to CNC some mounts, DZ to come up with a closed-loop fire-control circuit, James to write the command interface, all KINDS of folks to bid on the laser gun sight, you could choreograph the flight missions, I might know someone who knows something about flying armed helicopters....

I can see it now:

SELEM 2009 - The Armed and Dangerous Tour

RR

Sweet.....

You'll have the ICA copying it. Imagine how useful it could be for covert assassination missions. Use a quiet copter and fly it right up outside an upstairs window where the target is...

Imagine Nin Laydon assassinated by Soforene's Idea!!!

well well..

Only in USA !!

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    well well..

Only in USA !!
    Not at all -

This is very "international"!

Feel free to join in with ideas!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Default Had a house mate that did the undersea duty tours on a nuke sub.

His paranoia discussing sonar systems used to blow me away and stories of people who lost it mentally and had to eat valium like skittles till the tour of duty was over was unnerving.

I was quite young in the early 80's and loved having use of his vehicles and having run of the house.

When living in Florida above Miami in Hollywood in the mid to late 80's I used to go to the tamiami trail where it emptied into the ocean I never ceased to be amazed by the old diesel subs the British still had in use.

Oh on the Rc helicopter I would think lots of rapid fire .22 would be very cool, there is a 22 gun that winds ammo in a spiral and holds 100 rounds, though more would be merrier.

Regards From Dave

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

Adam
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.