Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got this 30K set?

Default Anyone got this 30K set?

Just came across this while looking around and for the price and everything it does it looks like a great deal. The company are not a problem as I have bought from them before, but they don't show any manufacturers name or manuals so I don't know if there are any reviews of it.

So has anyone got this set? Whats it like and is it worth the money? I have seen 30k galvos on their own for that price, let alone a whole kit.

http://www.chinesedepartmentstore.co...oducts_id/2797
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

I've got that kit...actually just got it in the other day & haven't had a chance to hook it up yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gf8stiv3 View Post
    I've got that kit...actually just got it in the other day & haven't had a chance to hook it up yet...
    Let me know how it goes.
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)

Hi,

I would just have to ask why ??

There have been so many horror stories and problems with little known scanners here on PL.

Why not talk to some of your local UK agents or Lasershowparts (Dave here on PL)..

You won't really know the finer points of these units (other than the "apparent" cheap price) until you have tuned them and used them for some time.

Can a Chinese retail store really understand the intricacies of scanners and bearings , mirrors and amplifiers ... what happens if it goes "phut" or worse sorta goes "phut".. you know it still goes but has a problem... do they want to know or back you up ??.

I strongly recommend go local or to at least a reputable dealer in the "laser" game who will be there with the answers and spare parts.

Yeah I know mind my own business...

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Thumbs up Go for it!

I kind of recognize this set of stuff as forming the basis of every Chinese projector that I've seen so far (not a lot!).... like it's a Chinese laser show kit that a lot of manufacturers are using as the basis of their product.

It sems to be a smokin' deal. I've had three sets of these types of scanners running in a venue for 8 months 8 hours/day, and the only failure has been a scanner mirror coming unglued in the Texas heat. It took out a driver, and the whole unit got replaced under warranty.

I advise getting a 2nd set as a backup, what the heck! Be prepared to tweak the scanners a little. I found a manual for the type that I had at
    http://www.spacelas.com/scanning.html

- Tim

Would be interesting Tim if you could do some ILDA tests or lend a set to Buffo (Adam) for testing (assuming he was willing).

The real proof of the pudding is not only in the reliability of the scanners but in the quality of the scanning and the angle achieveable.

These are the ones Laserguy216 is selling. I got a set off him but the x scanner is stuck so I can't do any testing yet. Not sure if I'll get a replacement before I go traveling though.

Cheers
    Rich

Default hi

iv dealt with chinese department store and found there after sale service to be appaling. i ordered some lighting equipmment from them and it arrived all happy. then 2 weeks later i got a letter from dhl asking for a further £200 for delivery. i rang them up and dhl said that the shipping charge was too low for the parcel size so there was an ajustment and there was £80 to pay customs. i was happy to pay customs but not a delivery ajustment. i got in touch with vash who owns the company and he said that once the parcel was sent it was my responsability. this i think is well out of order but i dont know what i can do as the only way to get him is by email and he took 2 weeks to get back to that one.

terrible company for service i have to be honest the products iv had off them have been of pretty good quality and at a very good price.

cheers ollie
    2 x 10w full colour laser systems
    2 x 4w full colour laser systems
    2 x 3w full colour laser systems
    1 450mw pinkem rgb 30k scanner
    2 x 1 watt green laser
    4 x 1 watt blue 445nm laser systems
    3 watt rgb .

My thoughts:

for entry level / hobby why not?

When I got into helicopters I started with a little $100 setup. It served it's purpose, I learned a lot off of it, and now I've got several different ones up into the $1000 range. Would it of made sense for me to start with the $1000 one? Personally, no. I know people that have, but I'm not one to start a hobby in the max price range.

Even in my profession as a BMW Tech I very rarely go buy the top of the line super expensive tool. If I need something I'll start with a tool that costs a fraction of the price. I still use quite a few of those tools that people have said were complete junk in the past. Yes, I've broken a few of the cheap tools and then went and bought the super snapon whatever.

Anyways, I wound up hooking up everything last night before heading out. I Ran the scanners with the programmed DMX show & used my little radioshack 5mW laser pen. Must say, I personally was quite impressed. Everything to me looked very smooth and brought a smile to my face. Also I'd like to note this is right out of the box, no tweeking has been done to the scanners what so ever.

I took a lil video on my phone and put it on my server http://8818695.com/ Just right click and save the mp4 file to your computer if you'd like to watch it...still haven't had time to set that page up correctly & youtube isn't uploading the video in a timely fashion. Note there is a pre programed scan that looks like a portion of the ILDA test image, a box with a circle in it, the circle fits perfectly in the square from what I could see.

When I have some more time I'll be hooking it to the soundcard DAC & running laserboy. Once that's hooked up I'll be sure to post more video / pictures.

hello i just thought i would help here as i have bought a couple of these scanner sets.... these scanners are actually model sp20k from www.spacelas.com they can do 20k at 20 degrees !!! they are not 30k at a useable angle as described and i had to buy 3 of them to finally understand that. if you want a good 20k scanner set complete thats the best choice you got but i would really advice you to get in contact with Sam from Spacelas and get some prices for real 30k scanners they have , really good quality great after sales support !!!!!
    hope i was helpfull