Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How my day started:

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default How my day started:

"Thank you for your interest in the Electronic Technician position, Number 991351.

Choosing a final candidate was difficult. However, another candidate has been selected for this position who best met our current needs. Our choice in no way reflects upon your excellent skills and abilities. "

I lost due to a affirmative action hiring.

Can I go to court to have my race changed to Navanut Indian?

I strongly belive in hiring the best qualified, not based on genetics or sex. I dont give a damn if your green, pink, communist or metrosexual. I only care abiout how well you do your job and how well you get along with others,. Jeeze ow, I spent three hours in a interview and plant tour with them. The engineering staff wanted me. I was #1 of 4 to interview. its 10 minutes from the house. &^%#@#

Steve Roberts

sounds like it time to hire a hit man and knock off the chosen candidate..

everyone knows is Miss America is "no longer able to perform her duties" the job goes to the runner up...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Thumbs down

Damn Steve. That hurts me to hear. Definatly the best qualified but no deal. Wonderful shape we are in today. We all need to get together and start some kind of company ourselves, doing something we love... What I have no idea...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

we cant ALL be in the company because then we would not have a customer base..

we are our customer base...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Damn Steve. That hurts me to hear. Definatly the best qualified but no deal. Wonderful shape we are in today. We all need to get together and start some kind of company ourselves, doing something we love... What I have no idea...

Thats what I get for applying at a state agency after 7.5 years at a state agency.
    Shoulda known better then to get my hopes up.

Allthat and I are forming "Better Government with Morals and Compassion and Loyalty, Inc " Anybody want to hire us? We work for peanuts, and agree to go away after 4 years if you dont like us. We wont ruin your TV with campaign ads every 7.4 seconds either! We promise no phone political calls during dinner and after bedtime. We'll knock the court system back to deciding legality, not making the law. Above all, we will make no promises we dont intend to keep. That alone should get us elected.

We'll bring back analog TV, demand that goods be made here, actually educate your kids, and roads will be built to last using crews of 40-100 guys, concrete and wheelbarrows, instead of automated machines with two workers. You'll find prisoners on workgangs shoveling your snow, not watching cable. You might need a extra day to get where your going, because we'll strap airliner bodies onto flatcars, its cheaper and slower, but we wont need to xray and strip search you. There might be some painful adjustments, because we probably wont allow divorce or bullies on the playground. If shes stuck with ya, she might take some time to find the right guy the first time. Math and Science and English will be more important then school football. Intermurals, for exercise.

Your kids may find themselves doing mandatory public service for year. We'll take down old buildings and recycle them instead of ruining greenspace, and get rid of high fructose corn sugars in food, virtually ending diabetes over night. Heck, we'll fund research into non fattening ice cream that tastes just as good as that stuff I could get when I was a kid. We'll feed the polar bears politicans and lawyers until the ice cap builds back up.The US Navy with us as CIC won't run from pirates. Health care wont be free, but we'll redistribute the work force to smaller local clinics instead of mega hospitals, so your doctor is your neighbor.. We'll wave your college fees if you want to become a nurse, doctor, or teacher. I can make enough jobs building 100 HTGRs to power cities and reduce our dependance on oil. We'll have manhattan projects to solve our countries problems like fuels. Hobbies will be hobbies again, and not threats to national security.

The tax system will be flat, and we'll ....

Ok I'll wake up now.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-12-2008 at 11:58.

Hey Steve-

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    "Thank you for your interest...
    Oh, man - Sorry to hear that Steve... I have been there many times... And I hate those 'letters' they send you - you just know it's over as soon as you read those first five @#$%* words... 'Thank you for your interest' = 'Dear John...'

Well, can't say I have anything real encouraging for ya, except that I might need a Tech to babysit a laser sys for yet another NYE gig looming, so if yer 'available', (...and they book - we should know Monday-ish...) cash usually brightens things up a bit - at least till it's gone... And it's a real 'low-pressure' gig - run beams and aerials at the start and end of a 5K run...will prolly be quite a few 'cold chicks in spandex', there too.. (and the kind of chicks that are authorized to wear spandex!! So, KIT...

Meantime, since 'misery loves company' this should bring you a few laughs - (I was ROFL....)

http://funwithwarcrimes.com/ - the 'Episodes' are all over to the left - get a nice, tall glass of Merlot and kick-back in your easy chair and watch all 8...

...even IF you're a 'die-hard 'Dubya' fan', ya gotta admit - this is hilarious and well-done...Cheney is sooo perfect!! (...the 'Freedom Kitty' scene...Hahahahahaa...)

Anyhoo, let's KIT on this gig / others to come...might help somewhat, anyway...

peace, Buddy...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Sorry to hear about that one steve. You know my situation here...I cant even get the companies to acknowledge receipt of my resume.

I have been practicing these three lines over and over.

1-Welcome to Wal-Mart
    2-Would you like fries with that
    3-Thank you for shopping at Lowes

1-Welcome to Wal-Mart
    2-Would you like fries with that
    3-Thank you for shopping at Lowes[/QUOTE]

McDs around here is automated. They would rather have longer drive through times and more distributed stores then have 20 people working. I used to be on a crew that needed 7 just to open. Now its 3. Only thing they are doing right is the dollar menu mccluck sandwiches.

You have too much common sense for Lowes.

As for Big Box of Junk mart, don't get me started on the Red Army ownership of large parts of their suppliers.

Steve

[QUOTE=dsli_jon;73050]Hey Steve-

Oh, man - Sorry to hear that Steve... I have been there many times... And I hate those 'letters' they send you - you just know it's over as soon as you read those first five @#$%* words... 'Thank you for your interest' = 'Dear John...'

Chicks in Spandex, and Photons, I love it, your on!

Steve

[QUOTE=dsli_jon;73050]Hey Steve-

As for politically incorrect videos, this is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmcf4Y3lGM

Steve