Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mame for EasyLase

Hell Yes!!! PM en route-
    It's great to hear that some folks are getting this to work. I also love the fact that the sound card guys are getting in on the action- sometimes homegrown is the best way to go
    Thanks, Mike

Ah- pic programming- had to dust this off, it is yet another project in the queue!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0559.JPG  

hmm interesting that board has some things going for it steve a lot of the cost of the SpinTrak is the hardware, around 75 for the encoder and mount and another 20-30 for the weight and wheel. It's top notch, but wow I don't think I'll be playing that much I think some encoders are avilable from some junked printers around here... unless a cheaper prebuilt unit surfaces
    Last edited by drlava; 12-16-2008 at 19:46.

I just downloaded it, and it says there is no roms

New to all this emulator stuff, where do you get roms/what do you need? Would someone be able to upload some example ones?

Cheers

EDIT: I got the star castle game to load, but nothing is being output on my scanner?
    Last edited by Things; 12-16-2008 at 23:59.

There should be a readme file in there with more detail. I did not upload the rom files to the FTP site because I did not want to upload copyrighted material. You could PM me an email address and I could send you a little more info. This might be worthwhile for others to do as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I got the star castle game to load, but nothing is being output on my scanner?
    I have seen this- go into the game the first time, the hit the ESC key to back out. Go in again, and it should work the second time. Subsequent games will work the first time.

Mike, well done on lazymame. I just ran some of the old games and most run very well! My camera is a bit crappy but I got a nice vid from space fury running at 30k.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLtS1NIwBpU

Tempest is my favorite, too bad the keyboard is so touchy, we really need spinners for this.

Just found there is a TEMPEST clone for iPhone called Vector Blaster:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmMZ2...eature=related

Also there is a vid on youtube (can;t find anymore) where the designer of Tempest explains that the concept is based on a nightmare he had where dark creatures crawl out of a hole in the ground.

I tried closing it down then restarting it, but it didnt work. Drlava's driver didnt create its usual log file either, which means that its not being used. Hmmmm

For some reason the EzAudDac.txt log file isn't created in that directory with the LazyMameGUI, probably has something to do with contexts and the way the GUI loads LazyMame.exe. It IS created when you run LazyMame.exe directly, which works fine if the game laser settings are already configured and saved.

The LazyMameGUI.exe should be in the same directory as LazyMame.exe. If you create a shortcut to the LazyMameGUI.exe, you should make sure that the "Start In" directory is the same directory where both exe's reside- I would reccommend c:\LazyMame. Sounds like a "working directory" issue to me. I haven't built any directory smarts into it, so the executables expect things like config files, etc to be in specific locations relative to the "current" working directory. Does that help?
    -Mike