Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new to dmx and ilda

Quote Originally Posted by outcry View Post
    nice link , will save it , but think i still have a way to go before i start doing mods , also will that work on just 1 laser or a group ?
    cheers
    I would not call it a mod, it's a pre built board that you just need to add the connectors to and put in a box or in a laser.

1 for each laser that you want to control, same for any DAC (well almost, there are ways to control pairs of laser of one DAC).

I found the Laserworld laser you have and it does have DMX, but you will still have different patterns on that from the other one.

A lot of the built in patterns are a bit "cheesy" on nearly all lasers that have them. Sometimes you get a nice suprise and get a few quite good "beam show" patterns.

The way to go is to get a proper DAC and software to create and run your own designed shows and/or other peoples shows.

Onge
    350mW RGB, 180mW RGY Moving Head, 180mW RGY, 10mW Green, 5mw Green, 4x5mW Red
    Mamba Black 1.96 and MediaLas USB DAC, DMX SD DAC
    Just Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute

thanks ,when i get a bit of cash looks like i will be investing in a interface (dac?) then ,thanks for all the info !! now it looks like a read up on the best to go for (fb3) will be the first i look at .

Quote Originally Posted by RGBLaserFan View Post
    Power Meters are very expensive. Best to get along to a UKLEM Meet and ask someone if they can test it for you there. Several members have meters.
    any of you guys in the london area with 1 ? who wont mind checking it for me when it arrives !!!?

Thumbs up

its just arrived !!! took it out the box got to turn it on ,and wow ,a baby dinasaur popped on the wall and started walking along .the red and yellows look fad and green is crisp(green is about twice the power of my 100mw ,now its back in its box because its my christmas present .
    oh well ,will give you a full run down on it after the festive period ,
    and thanks for all the info/help guys ...........enjoy your christmas's !!!!!!!

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

You have a new laser and you don't use it?????
    WTF???
    You obviously aren't as crazy as us!!! Let that poor laser out of his box, it needs affection!

pmsl , i know , i know ,i can hear it crying to used ,but my bird is a nazi and has now welded the box shut till christmas (grrrghhh) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation

but with the power of steam i will release my new baby !!! well when i know i have a few hours and can get away with it it WILL be done thats for sure .