Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 200mw 532 is looking a little dim... HELP PLEASE!

Default My 200mw 532 is looking a little dim... HELP PLEASE!

I have a 200mw, 532, that was already mfgd as a complete unit. I am using it as centerpiece in light show with rock band for occasional effects, scattered beams, planes, etc. This unit is controlled via DMX signal with our other lighting gear so it is tied into the scenes. (we are varianced!)

Anyway, when we first received the unit it was bright enough for almost all the venues we are in. However, after letting it sit in its case for a few months with no use, we are noticing it appears to be much dimmer than it was originally and not quite as effective an effect as it was due to the loss in brightness. ANY THOUGHTS HERE?

I put it in sound active stand alone at the unit with no DMX to ensure the it was not a case of the DMX channel operating it as a dimmer so that can be ruled out.

I have also cleaned the lenses which are covering the enclosed scanners in case it could have been dust, but again, this was not the cause of the dimmness either.

I have not opened up the case to get inside as I wanted to run this by some knowlegable folks first because I am not so experienced with lasers to start disecting them.

We use a LeMaitre Nuetron hazer with LeMatire haze fluid to provide the atmosphere. Could haze getting inside the casing through the cooling ducts be gunking it up and causing dimness?

I am wanting to try and fix this first as I am trying to save up to get a 500mw or more to put in it in the near future, but for now, would like to get the 200mw looking as good as it used to.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS!

Laser is dying?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

I don't know. Is it? That is what I am trying to find out. Only was made and shipped to me from Neo Neon in June. It is a NEO NEON - NLD 200G.

Do you have a laser power meter?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

No I do not have one. Like I said, just a beginner here using it for a band. Thought they would last longer given I have only used it about 16 times if that.

There may be someone near you to meter the power of it...I would do that first off. A repair of the laser may be a good thing and be sure to check that an I/R filter is present.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    No I do not have one. Like I said, just a beginner here using it for a band. Thought they would last longer given I have only used it about 16 times if that.
    do you have a CDRH Variance? Maby its KARMA on the optics.

Yes, I have a variance CDRH/FDA on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Yes, I have a variance CDRH/FDA on the unit.
    Well then thats not the problem Open her up and look for anything real bright, that could be the dirty thing. You can try to clean the optic with q-tip and alcohol if you dont have lens tissue and methonal.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm in Akron, I own a PM. I frequently travel through the rest of the state.

Steve Roberts