Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: video tunnel

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by gf8stiv3 View Post
    haha you think that's bad? WOW you should come out to michigan sometime! Some of the setups for DJs out here would blow your mind...horribly! haha

although the new club I'm working on has a DJ table that is 2 stories above ground level, yet is grounded below the basment...A crazy long I beam supports the DJ table, cuts though the floors down 2 stories, and into the ground. It was explained to me that no matter what moves and shakes, your tables will never skip...crazy concept to me, but suposedly it work
    I have a target rifle that works on a similar principal, the barrel floats in the stock and the world moves around it. Works great! As long as the I-Beam is stiff enough to not resonate to the beat.

Steve

Here in SF, most DJs are spinning CDs or Traktor these days. I guess also that the ground isn't the most stable thing you could possibly attach your decks to in this wonderful earthquake zone 8-)

Cool

Club Scorpio simply makes a pile of cinder blocks on the stage any time a DJ sets up. We're talking a 4x4x8 ft stack of cinder blocks! But it's got so much mass, it never moves no matter how loud it gets. Cheap, low-tech solution, but it works. (I was amazed the first time I saw it. Those turntable needles tracked perfectly!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Club Scorpio simply makes a pile of cinder blocks on the stage any time a DJ sets up. We're talking a 4x4x8 ft stack of cinder blocks! But it's got so much mass, it never moves no matter how loud it gets. Cheap, low-tech solution, but it works. (I was amazed the first time I saw it. Those turntable needles tracked perfectly!)

Adam
    We have to do that here at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland. They have so many bass bins under the stage, cinder blocks are the only thing that will cut it. (flying the DJ table would normally work, but the Crystal is a historical building so it has very limited rigging points)

A whole other story is what I have to go through to put two 12' projection screens in the place.

-Jonathan