Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Laser Screens

Talking Laser Screens

I just wanted to ask around and see what people use for laser screens.

Motordriven Laser Screens
    Inflatable Screens

Stretched Screens

Water screens

Which is the best??????

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    I just wanted to ask around and see what people use for laser screens.

Motordriven Laser Screens
    Inflatable Screens

Stretched Screens

Water screens

Which is the best??????
    The shows that I have helped with, we used scrim (fine mesh netting). You can also put it in multiple rows so the beam path displays on each of them. With the low powers that we can get from DPSS lasers (not including doubled yags) compared to ion lasers a bit of scrim may be a good idea. Look for some stuff on-sale at your local fabric store. I also read a product review awhile back that used no-see-um netting (bug netting) with decent results.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Talking Photos

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    The shows that I have helped with, we used scrim (fine mesh netting). You can also put it in multiple rows so the beam path displays on each of them. With the low powers that we can get from DPSS lasers (not including doubled yags) compared to ion lasers a bit of scrim may be a good idea. Look for some stuff on-sale at your local fabric store. I also read a product review awhile back that used no-see-um netting (bug netting) with decent results.

-Adam
    Thats a great idea do you have photos of your set up???

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Thats a great idea do you have photos of your set up???
    I don't have one on hand (I lost four years worth of pictures), but here is the referenced thread on netting: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5336

I found one example of Lasernerd's old argons shooting through some scrim a-long-long-time-ago...

Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3597.JPG  

Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Cool

I'll second the idea of using the No-see-um netting from Skeeta.com. I've used it at several LEM's with great success. Also, the stuff is cheap, so you don't need to be quite so concerned about spilling stuff on it, getting it dirty, or ripping it. It's easy to replace.

Adam

Default COLOUR???

What colour neting did you choose it comes in white would that be good????

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

As a timely update, the netting that I mentioned in that review (3 metres x 3 metres) was a bit big so I have just picked it up from a nifty seamstress who managed to cut it down to 2 pieces.
    1 = 1 metres x 1 meters and
    1 = 2 metres x 2 metres.
    She also informed me that the size was not in fact 3 metres square but was short by about 10 inches.
    Not so important if you are just "mucking about" but if you've a specific measurement in mind it may be worth stressing that if/when placing your order.

Now I have some more manageable pieces I'm hoping that we can give it a good tryout at the next UKLEM.

The colour I ordered was slate grey (or gray if y'all speak with an accent ) as this was recommended.
    White may be too obtrusive when not in use

To me, the ENJE curtains of IKEA are the perfect scrims.
    Very affordable.
    Has the right stiffness to it; doesn't go "wobbly".
    The grey version is almost invisible in the dark.
    Passes/diffuses just the right amount of light to my taste.
    And you can easily cut it without frailing.

Downside: size is limited to 250x140cm

"To me, the ENJE curtains of IKEA are the perfect scrims."

A search of the Uk and NL Ikea websites comes up with Enje Roller Blinds but not any Curtains ? could you offer more info

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

I'm sorry, isn't "curtain" the general term you use for "all the stuff you put in front of a window" ? :-s

Then I meant roller blinds, but they don't actually blind, they are semi-transparent.