Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changing Username - possible fund raiser

Hey, Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv, I think the username DZ *might* be available... want me to check?

Hmm, I'm happy with this for a while!

Good luck sending me PM's!!!
    Logging in might be more challenging now!

I did not realize how bad that username would mess up the layout of the board... The "Topic by" column is hopelessly mangled... Off too fix that.

Sorry Mr.WhosUserNameIsTooDamnLong... its gotta go.

LOL! I knew it wouldn't last!

No references of any specific manus...just optics....diodes...SHG host mediums. I think there is a wealth of information localized to members here...I have dove off into the reasoning of why and how....physics. There is lot of information available on the web, but if you don't know how to interpret , it is useless. There needs to be some equations explained and why it is important to understand some basic principals. This will lead into more complex theory explanation with examples of working lasers. I have tried to archive resonator setup pix and tried to accumulate all the lasers I could get my hands on for parts and design layouts. This area should also include things like Tec's and the tuning of mediums,etc. I think there could be enough collective information to make the viability of home-made DPSS a step further than the Faq studies {Thanks to Sam G. for years of reading}. This would be somewhat of a continuance from there? Next step? I can possibly see the obstruction of machining parts for some. The electronics area for some. We are all here to learn and that is why I feel there is a need for this type of information. I feel like a lot of the lasers can be explained in a more simple form other than writing a thesis on why one wavelength overpowers another in a medium. There is quite a possibility here. I think that safety should also be common knowledge at this point of interest. I think as a community we can all work together to eliminate problems in creating what you want to.

photonic procreation?
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I completely support that idea Mech! I would love to have that forum as well.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

It may happen.....right now I need to go work on aligning a beast. Pix soon...provided when I get good results.Smaller strip width on diode replacement>since SHG conversion efficiency gets better, so does the power density.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I did not realize how bad that username would mess up the layout of the board... The "Topic by" column is hopelessly mangled... Off too fix that.

Sorry Mr.WhosUserNameIsTooDamnLong... its gotta go.
    Dear Admin,

Could i get my Senior Member changed to "A Babbeling Spastic"

Of course being politically correct...i mean no offense to anyone, race, religion or sexual orientation who might suffer from various conditions ranging from involentary muscle contractions or spasms to epaleptic seizures while attempting to convey a coherent train of thought from the hole located at the bottom of their face.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    LOL! I knew it wouldn't last!
    Eckythumped?
    What was it anyway, the sound of an ailing scanner?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

isnt eckey eckey cekety what that perv character on family guy, says... Oh gigggity, giggity, giggity.... Well, close enough :-)

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-27-2008 at 14:03.