Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thread Footer Modification - Continue Lasing...

Default Thread Footer Modification - Continue Lasing...

Good Day,

I was wondering about adding a link to the footer code of threads, specifically a link to return to "New Posts" or "Home". To be quite honest I have been trying to click on such a link after clicking the "Continue Farking" link on the bottom of Fark.Com threads. It may be a bad idea, but I thought I would put the idea out there.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ContinueLasing.jpg  

Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

Return to "New Posts" gets my vote too !!

..and mine.

Sorry about my delay in replying to this thread, I've had some other heady nonsense around here to deal with.

That being said; I'm on it.

I went to fark and tried to find this feature you are talking about so I could investigate how it works and how to hack-up the template's here to make it happen but was specifically unable to find what you are talking about...

So, please provide specifics so I can go about making this happen.

Thanks.

My take on it is - Beneath the last post in each thread is a button marked .
    Would it be possible to have one next to it marked which would carry out the same function as clicking on New Posts from the top bar.
    This would save scrolling back up the page (on long threads) to see what's new.

I have made clickable (above) to show what I mean.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Of course not in a pop-up window...

Lightbulb

Of course not.
    But the forum settings mean I can't set the link to post in the same Window.
    But Admin's a smart lad and he'll know what we mean.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    But Admin's a smart lad and he'll know what we mean.
    I hope you are right about that.

Checkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Sorry about my delay in replying to this thread, I've had some other heady nonsense around here to deal with.

That being said; I'm on it.

I went to fark and tried to find this feature you are talking about so I could investigate how it works and how to hack-up the template's here to make it happen but was specifically unable to find what you are talking about...

So, please provide specifics so I can go about making this happen.

Thanks.
    Here is an example thread (they only appear on discussion threads): http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comm...?IDLink=383408
    and in true fark fashion shamelessly hotlinked : .

I forgot to say, scroll to the bottom to see the link, theirs simply returns them to the index page.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 02-23-2009 at 07:52. Reason: added in scroll to the bottom of the linked thread to see referenced example.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.