Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Full Auto Show

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default Full Auto Show

    Hi,

    As there's been much negativity about Laserworld recently, I thought it was time to post something more positive and show there are good ones out there.

    I shot this on full auto in daylight with the curtains closed.

    (My previous video was in sound to light mode NOT auto so this is different).

    Are some aretfacts due to the high scanner speed and slow shutter I used which also means the saturation isn't as well recorded as in the last video.

    However, in accordance with my principles of showing it how it is, I haven't played with the video at all - its as it was straight from the camera.

    Hope you enjoy it!

    BTW weakest colours are often colours on the far walls of the tunnels so you're looking through another colour to see them. Not immediately obviously the case but it is a consequence of having the camera to one side and a laser thats by and large tunnel biased.

    BEST VIEWED FULL SCREEN (small cross bottom right hand corner of player)

    http://www.vimeo.com/2672862
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-31-2008 at 01:53.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,584

    Default

    Nice show Al, you can't beat beams
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orkland, NZ or Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Last night the venue I did visuals at had a laserworld setup and there were pros and cons.

    Two 300mW greenies running from a dmx board on the speaker stacks and a show-700RGB (older one I think can't see it being sold anymore).

    The greenies looked about 300mW or so (and one kept cutting in and out), the RGB looked very underpowered. I could have sworn it was putting out about 50mW of green and crap all blue. It had 640nm red though which was nice to see. The projector had a large set of 30-40mm fans. Being computer tech I know that these are louder and push much less air when compared to a single 120mm or two. The unit had to be turned off during the night to cool down when the dance floor got particularly hot and bothered. The laptop running it kept freezing (or the dac or whatever) also.
    So not a great laser show but the greens were great when they were both going

    But for the price they're not too bad (greenies mostly).

    Nice show and thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Soulstorm; 12-31-2008 at 16:38.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,704

    Default

    Yeah it seems some people may have underpowered lasers.

    Mine was tested and measured at 667mw pre-dichros. Claimed was 600mw typical, 400mw guaranteed. So I got a good one.

    Alignement and scanners probably need a little tweaking but its pretty good to be honest, just a few hooks here and there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •