Thread: Ilda test wobbly lines, noise

Default Ilda test wobbly lines, noise

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181002_002843.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	54624

Hi everyone. Long time lurker. Maybe a few posts in the past but it's been a while.

Currently trying to diagnose why I'm getting slightly wobbly lines on the ilda test. This laser had been lent out for quite sometime and I can't remember if it's always been like this or not.
    My own thoughts are that it could be a dodgy ilda cable. Only have the 1 right now, ground for scanners have come loose, problem with the power supply or maybe ground on that's faulty. Maybe just kack scanners

The lasers from goldenstar model d-rgb1500. Scanners are the standard 30k ones they use.

Any advice would be much apreciated

Thanks for your time, Tristan

Two things can cause wiggly lines like this.

One is a bad ground or some other reason you're getting 60Hz power line noise into your scanner inputs.

Two is a bad tuning job on the scanner amps. Sometimes you can get a bit of oscillation from the amp. I had a problem like this many years ago when I first got my rig going. Turns out I had the X and Y cables swapped on the galvos. That was all it was.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Thanks for the reply. Ill give swapping the scanner cables over ago when i get chance. think i might have tryed this when i played about with the tuning a year back. Think that was the best i could get from tuning at the time so might try retuning but from what i can remember the wobbly lines didnt help make the tuning easy

I probably should have explained that a bit better. What I meant was I had the scanner amps swapped. I had to rebuild my whole rig when I got it and I had two amps and two scanners. I had a 50/50 shot at getting it right and my first attempt was wrong. So I swapped the amps and the inputs to them and all was well.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.