Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: La freak vs Fiesta2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,579

    Default La freak vs Fiesta2

    I,m looking at the moment for new software for my rgb that i,m building.
    Fiesta2 seems to me that is a very easy to use. I have LDS and the easylase but for me as a beginner i think its program with endless features but not very easy in use. La freak from pangolin looks very good but i,m not sure about useability. Can someone help me with making the right choice?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    fiesta is a very nice bit of software and so user friendly.

    pangolin with livepro is also very good and has lots more features than fiesta. granted its not as user friendly but it does not take long to learn.

    both are very different and both are very good
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Crawley (UK)
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Hi.

    Fiesta2 is designed mainly for live beam shows and it is easy to pick up.
    I saw many professional performances even with 8+ projectors using fiesta and price is not that high as well.

    I am using Pangolin's LivePRO and it took me quite a bit of time to learn it and true is that it is beast in laser-software-world, but simplicity is sometimes lot more efficient...quite often you don't know where to click first.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    287

    Default

    I have La Freak, but I have found it difficult to understand and hard work to learn all the features, of which there are an enormous amount.

    I don't have Fiesta, but I do have Moncha, which I have to say was fabulously easy to use from day one.

    I am sort of debating whether to upgrade to Live Pro USB at the moment, or whether to buy Fiesta, if it's as easy to use as Moncha, I'll be easily won over!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    8,647

    Default

    fiesta is just as easy as moncha, but lacking featues.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    678

    Default

    I think Andy meant to say, Fiesta is as easy to use as Moncha, but has more features!

    Fiesta is great. My most favourite feature of Fiesta is the effects subtree, which allows a cue to do anything from control ONE laser projector, to simultaneously controlling multiple projectors, each doing different effects (or the same effect, offset by little for example or rotated by 90 degrees, or with different colour effects).

    I also find Livepro very good, but in a different way. It certainly is not as straightforward or as powerful to create multi-head shows that have each projector doing different things with the touch of a button. It is possible, but you're limited to 4 tracks, whereas you aren't limited with Fiesta.

    LivePRO has more effects, and feels a little more rounded than Fiesta, but it really depends on what you are trying to do with the software.

    I prefer the colour palette/RGB fading adjustments that Fiesta offers over Livepro for instance. A lot easier and more intuitive to use.

    I haven't had time to do a proper head to head between the two products as of yet....
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

    www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pflugerville, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,977

    Default

    Didn't you guys just start selling Showtacle products (Fiesta and Moncha)?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Yep.

    As I said, both products are great, they just approach the creation of lasershows from two totally different angles.

    Fiesta isn't as "deep" as LivePro/LD2K combo, however presents a simpler and as a result more intuitive way of doing things, that as i said earlier, can allow the user to do things that you simply just can't with the current available version of LivePro.

    Whether Beyond addresses these points remains to be seen, we haven't seen a beta of it yet.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

    www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Might I also add, my experience on LA Freak is somewhat limited... not sure how this differs from LivePRO but i'd expect LivePRO to be the better featured of the two. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

    www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    veenwouden
    Posts
    2,579

    Default

    Thanks aijii

    With al the different software it,s hard to choose. One thing is for sure i,m gonna sell my LDS basic 2007 with dongle software and shows.
    Works perfect and its a strong program and it has a lot of features and because of that as a beginner myself i,m looking now for something easyer to learn Pick and drop from a bank is for me important(like fiesta2 has) for creating a show and a pretty straight forward draw and save to the bank. is livepro such a program(pick and drop i mean)? Thanks for al the info guys i,m very happy with PL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •