Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: replacing scanners

cheers,that was going to be my next question.

We might have a set of our 30k scanners sitting on the shelf in Melbourne.. Ill have a look.. I might be able to work something out in that case
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

sweet, im currently bidding on your 20k scan kit on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    I also think DT25's would be a downgrade as again, a lot of Neo Laser projectors use Cambridge 30k scanners. Neo Laser also have a sealed cavity sesign and the last one I saw had the scanners sealed as well.
    The cheaper "Semi-Pro" NeoLaser projectors use clone scanners; mine came with what seem to have been Scaneco 30s like you get from LaserShowParts. I replaced them with Scanpro 40s which worked well (and the wiring loom dropped right in). I did have a problem when one of the galvos failed open-circuit immediately after I got it but LaserShowParts are great and replaced the galvo for free :-)

The scanner is not in any way sealed in the unit I have and the "sealed optical table" consists of a box that contains the laser heads, three dichros (three? why? because it's small is why) and even that isn't really sealed- there are slots in the back of it behind the laser heads!

Be warned that the dichros are NOT on mounts and you CAN'T adjust them. Seriously. You will go mad trying to get them aligned. I am super patient and it had me pulling my hair out when I replaced the (extremely weak) blue DPSS with a better one.

Asides from that you will find the usual assortment of gubbins that lives inside a laser projector; there's an FB3 (with a somehow nerfed firmware load that won't work with the standard version of LiveQ, only Cypher which seems now to be quite far behind the LiveQ build) which lives on an insufficient power supply that makes it a bit unstable, a board called "Switch & Safe" which takes ILDA from the FB3 and from the rear panel connector and connects to the galvos, the three drivers for the laser heads, and a bunch of cheap chinese switchmode power supplies (no, really, everything has separate PSUs) and a solenoid-operated shutter that works pretty well and is connected to the Switch & Safe board.

Asides from that, and a couple of cooling fans, it's all just hardware parts. I quite like the design of mine, and since I fixed the power supply issues it's been really quite stable.

i emailed jim at neo laser 2 weeks ago about upgrades and he directed me to the pangolin site. im currently running version 4.50

these are the cards and scanners from the neo unit with the 12k specs
    they have all the same connections as the DT40's.

Last edited by 2nd17th; 01-09-2009 at 23:21.