Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    in the tens of thousands for a few watts

OR,,,,,,,, $99.95 on Ebay in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    OR,,,,,,,, $99.95 on Ebay in 2015.
    Rattle, rattle, I'm waking the dead, this is an old thread.

Too bad that link to Laser Focus World no longer works, I've been googling trying to find how an OPSL works, I mean, in regard to the pump wavelength. It occurred to me my 577 nm OPSL probably isn't being pumped by 1154 nm, as I was told by the seller, or more likely I just misunderstood him and he was talking about the wavelength into the LBO crystal. I mean why use OPSL if you can just double the wavelength of 1154 to produce 577?

Edit: Of course, when I post this I soon after find the new link: https://www.laserfocusworld.com/lase...mplaser-market

Although after reading, I still don't understand what wavelength the IR pump is at in the 577 nm OPSL.
    Last edited by Laser57; 05-29-2022 at 07:41.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Get in touch with Daniel Briggs. He's not often here on PL anymore, but I think he is active on Facebook. (Ugh - I know...)

Dan has resurrected several high-power OPSL lasers. I'm sure he can point you in the right direction for a proper pump diode.

Adam

Thanks, damn, I hate what FB does anymore so dumped that account two years ago. I will see what I can do to track him down, but really, I just need to know what the common pump diode wavelength is for 577 nm. I'm missing that key point of information to have a basic idea how OPSL lasers work.

Yeah, I hear you. I gave up Facebook several years ago myself. Best decision ever!

Admittedly my knowledge of OPSL is quite limited, but I thought that the gain medium (that is, the quantum well source of IR that is frequency-doubled to produce the output) operates in a similar manner to a standard DPSS laser, in that it accepts a near IR pump wavelength (805-808 nm) and outputs slightly longer IR at 900-1200 nm.

The magic of OPSL is that the IR output wavelength of that quantum well can be tuned to a very precise wavelength target, so that when you frequency-double it you get whatever visible color you are looking for.

So for 577 nm yellow, the IR output of the quantum well would be tuned to 1154nm.

But I'm pretty sure the pump diode would still be the standard 808 nm IR... At least, that's the way I understood those lasers. But again - I'm no expert!

I sent a PM to Dan; hopefully he'll get an email alert and join in the discussion here.

Adam

Someone had told me a 808 nm diode was used, but I didn't believe them after getting conflicting information from someone else, or more likely, I just misunderstood them. So this is very good news, 808 nm, of course, are plentiful on the surplus market and I already have some new old stock ones in C-Mount which put out up to 16 watts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Someone had told me a 808 nm diode was used, but I didn't believe them after getting conflicting information from someone else, or more likely, I just misunderstood them. So this is very good news, 808 nm, of course, are plentiful on the surplus market and I already have some new old stock ones in C-Mount which put out up to 16 watts.
    it’s 808nm. Found this out when those little greens were around.

... I have several 808nm-multi-bar-diodes, bundled or focussed on an FSMA-connector - 25Watts on a 0,7mm fiber-output and a 300W(?) module on 0,4mm ... but mostly using 975nm-diodes for "material processing", not for pumping (but all my fiber-lasers uses 975nm pumping diodes) ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

I've been buying 808 modules off of ebay for a few years off and on, have a few good ones now, up to 50 watts which were used in a Coherent 532 nm laser as well as some c-mount 808 nm diodes, so I'm happy to see this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	808 nm 50 watt.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	58897
    Shooting IR into the night sky in Alaska.

Photo of the collimated output of one of the FAP 808 nm multiple fiber output modules using a 2 VDC Cyclon battery as the DC supply. I did this only once, not a good idea to be playing with IR outside. I made sure no one was around and didn't point at anything more than the top of a tree. Just 3 minutes, then put it away. Of course, the camera had the IR filter removed to be able to pick it up.
    Last edited by Laser57; 06-01-2022 at 05:38.