Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Really unpleasant trade with Lasernerd

Quote Originally Posted by LesioQ View Post
    Gotcha! Lasernerd
    But seriously, that's a sad story, especially since happening in our small community
    Piotr.K

what ever.............
    I said if he wants the extra equipment,,trade me...
    just because you sell a component does not mean you get the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    I have just completed a really unpleasant trade with PL member Lasernerd. You may recall this thread

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5977

where he offered an XYZ positioning table and then updated to say that he'd made a trade for it. That trade was with me. After talking about different things I had here, he agreed to trade for a Lightwave Electronics 210G-2500 laser system. I never had a chance to fully test it because it needs water cooling, but I did run it briefly and it made over 1W of green. Mark was in a hurry because he wanted the laser for a NYE laser show so I sent it to him on Dec 12 after he promised to send the XYZ table the next friday, the 19th. This was my first mistake.

On the 19th, he emailed to say that the table was crated but that he had to wait until he got paid on the 24th before he could ship it. In the mean time, he emailed and told me that he'd gotten the laser hooked up and was seeing over 5 watts green output!

On the 27th he wrote to say that he was snowed in and wouldn't be able to ship until the weather cleared up.

On Jan 3, he wrote and told me that I had to wait again until his next payday before he would ship the XYZ table. At this point I was getting really frustrated and worried that he was never going to make good on his end of the trade. I told him that I wanted either the XYZ table shipped or the laser system returned to me by the end of the week (Jan 9). I didn't think it was unreasonable for me to expect him to make good on his part of the deal within a month of me doing my part, but he freaked out and accused me of all sorts of nasty things (not being "human", insulting his family, etc.).

Back when we were negotiating the trade, I agreed to add an AOM and driver that could modulate the laser since the cost for him to ship the XYZ table was higher than the cost for me to ship the laser system ($250 versus $50). He agreed to include the instrumentation that came with the XYZ table. He kept asking me to pay for the shipping despite the fact that I'd given him the AOM to compensate for that. In the end, I agreed to take the AOM back and give him $250 towards shipping.

He finally shipped the XYZ table late last week and it arrived today, 3 1/2 weeks after I sent the laser to him. The table is in fair condition with corrosion on most of the non-stainless/aluminum parts, it does not have a Z axis and he did not send any of the instrumentation that was supposed to come with it. I called him to ask about that and he freaked out again, claiming all sorts of things that were untrue and telling me that if I wanted the rest of the stuff, I was going to have to pay more for it. At this point, I lost my cool and hung up on him. I hate trying to deal with irrational people.

So in the end, I've paid for shipping on both sides of the trade and got an XYZ table that has obviously been stored outdoors and does not actually have a Z axis and he's got a working 5 watt green laser. I'll let you decide who got the better end of the deal.

Bottom line - think twice before doing business with Lasernerd. In my experience, he will not make good on his side of the bargain and will try to change the deal after you've already followed through on your end. This is sad because I've only had good experiences with PL members in the past.

You are so full of yourself!
    First I told you it would take some time to build a crate for the table.
    you agreed,,
    we had a severe snow storm..no way i could haul the crate on my trailer,,the roads were not passible!
    I set up shipping a week to process and get to terminal.
    crate arrived yesterday you said it arrived today..
    I have NO problem getting him the extra component which has ZERO to do with the table.
    It would be like you guys buying a laser and expecting to get a PCAOM with it..
    sorry that does not happen here!

There are members here at PL that have seen and touched the XYZ table just before the lid was closed on the crate and pictures
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 01-14-2009 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasernerd View Post
    It would be like you guys buying a laser and expecting to get a PCAOM with it..
    sorry that does not happen here!
    I LOL'd, I think you got an AOM in the original deal, although not quite a PCAOM, still gave you a way to modulate your laser

Look close!!!!!
    This table is brand new..
    see tha cables NO drag marks,
    This photo is the underneath side with cover plate removed..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00222.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I LOL'd, I think you got an AOM in the original deal, although not quite a PCAOM, still gave you a way to modulate your laser
    that was to cover the crate cost..
    I even asked him to meet me more than half way to his location.
    to make a one on one trade,,he wouldnt do it

that was to cover the crate cost..
    I even asked him to meet me more than half way to his location.
    to make a one on one trade,,he wouldnt do it
    Its because he has to work I am sure (which includes going to auctions etc). Not many people can drop what they are doing and drive and then on the weekends people like to rest. I do believe he sent you the AOM to be nice because lets face it, the trade would have been an awesome trade without it, even if you do have to pay shipping which in the end he paid it. You did in fact get the better of the deal but thats not really the issue. The issue is the apparent lack of urgency to get the item shipped and with everything that was in the trade.

I mean, for 5 watts of 532nm I would have found him a brand new xyz table and paid to have it shipped to him.

and Kevin forgot to mention that it has Z and angle head

Its because he has to work I am sure (which includes going to auctions etc). Not many people can drop what they are doing and drive and then on the weekends people like to rest. I do believe he sent you the AOM to be nice because lets face it, the trade would have been an awesome trade without it, even if you do have to pay shipping which in the end he paid it. You did in fact get the better of the deal but thats not really the issue. The issue is the apparent lack of urgency to get the item shipped and with everything that was in the trade.

I mean, for 5 watts of 532nm I would have found him a brand new xyz table and paid to have it shipped to him.

Dude for 200K$

and Kevin forgot to mention that it has Z and angle head
    really?

Quote Originally Posted by Junktronix View Post
    FWIW, the table does in fact have a small Z stage, but it is driven by the instrumentation which was not sent with it so I have to reverse engineer it and come up with my own driver.

This is a big table not your little toy...

oh and the laser is 1.5 watts!