Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Really unpleasant trade with Lasernerd

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    internet_serious_business_framed.jpg
    See you got the right idea out of all my post

i have a very strong feeling that this issues boils down to a SERIOUS mis-communication and mis-interpretation of emails and/or intentions.

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt until they get caught in something outright dis-honest and/or uncredible.

i would like to think from the little bit i have seen and read from BOTH members involved in this dispute that NEITHER intentionally did anything to "rip the other off."

now, i could be WAAAY wrong, this is just *MY OPINION.*

i just think with the deal that went down and all of the additions and subtractions of this for that and stipulations for this iand that intentions were misconstrued and BOTH sides *MAY HAVE* heard and/or interpeted a statement to benefit themselves. i guess its kinda human nature...

"the laser *could* be capable of 5 Watts if it is over driven, q switched, water cooled, flipped upside down, pixie dust thrown on it and if you spin around 4 times in a dark room while chanting..." WELL, after hearing all of that or reading all of that the *reader/listener* JUST heard- "LASER, 5 WATTS." WOOOHOOO!!!!!! they blanked out the WHOLE rest of the statement.

(i.e.- the fine print.)

just my 2 cents. thats all. if im wrong, well...oh well. just trying to maybe put things in persepctive.

as an outsider looking in i could see this being a SERIOUS case of miscommunication and mis interpretation. and NOT as a case of intentional wrong doing.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    i have a very strong feeling that this issues boils down to a SERIOUS mis-communication and mis-interpretation of emails and/or intentions.

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt until they get caught in something outright dis-honest and/or uncredible.

i would like to think from the little bit i have seen and read from BOTH members involved in this dispute that NEITHER intentionally did anything to "rip the other off."

now, i could be WAAAY wrong, this is just *MY OPINION.*

i just think with the deal that went down and all of the additions and subtractions of this for that and stipulations for this iand that intentions were misconstrued and BOTH sides *MAY HAVE* heard and/or interpeted a statement to benefit themselves. i guess its kinda human nature...

"the laser *could* be capable of 5 Watts if it is over driven, q switched, water cooled, flipped upside down, pixie dust thrown on it and if you spin around 4 times in a dark room while chanting..." WELL, after hearing all of that or reading all of that the *reader/listener* JUST heard- "LASER, 5 WATTS." WOOOHOOO!!!!!! they blanked out the WHOLE rest of the statement.

(i.e.- the fine print.)

just my 2 cents. thats all. if im wrong, well...oh well. just trying to maybe put things in persepctive.

as an outsider looking in i could see this being a SERIOUS case of miscommunication and mis interpretation. and NOT as a case of intentional wrong doing.

-Marc
    This is very true,,
    At first i was offered 2 Millennia systems and 2 other units.
    I have e-mailed Kevin to get this worked out,and to add in a calm tone

Default Oivey! good trade gone wrong

Oivey, I'd have traded ya a SP millennia 5, hell even a sp millennia 10! for a working XYZ table w/controllers in half a heartbeat, but only locally though...

I would have drove it to you!
    she is a beauty!
    big German built Modular XYZ table,Brand spank'n new!
    http://www.itf-engineering.de/rmt9040.htm
    Last edited by Lasernerd; 01-14-2009 at 20:45.

Default Boy Drama - This thread could be better if...

we combine this thread with the ILDA accreditation thread and that other thread of pangolin vs laser boy......oie veih...

Seven habits of highly effective people - habbit 3- think win win or no deal...

Quote Originally Posted by heruursciences View Post
    Oivey, I'd have traded ya a SP millennia 5, hell even a sp millennia 10! for a working XYZ table w/controllers in half a heartbeat, but only locally though...
    I am assuming those are the ones you bought from Spectralaser on ebay.... All of which said they had been opened and all didn't have the pump optics or diodes. I would be interested to see what condition they were in. Especially because he gets them directly from Spectra Physics in that condition...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Ahh It's not the type i'd be after, that's more of a diagnostic/light duty PCB assembly type table, i was thinking it was more of a robust but modest sized CNC laser cutter type table to cut out small parts with. I have lots of co2 lasers, but no way to do anything really useful with 'em yet.. *CRY*

Oh they were pretty much a pile of parts when i got 'em, most appeared to be RMA or warranty pulls believed to be "uneconomical to repair" Replaced the lens/fiber assemblies with sma end connectors, replaced the diodes with 25W or 40W coherent FAP diodes instead of the gay (and half dead) fc-bar diodes that came with them. Some had burnt up YVO4 assemblies, that were replaced with surplus good crystal assemblies. Got one millennia-10 with a bad LBO crystal and used it as a Frankenstein guinea pig to pop parts in and out to see what happens turns out it makes almost 22W of green with a 3x3x7mm raicol ktp installed running in qcw mode with 60W at the pump.

The weak link with these lasers seems to be the POS FC-bar laser diodes and associated optics.
    Last edited by heruursciences; 01-14-2009 at 22:43. Reason: details

I saw the $200k price, no way. I could build that for a couple of grand if I were using really nice mechanical components. Unless that thing is good for nm resolution that is WAY over priced.

It would work well for co2 you don't have to move the laser just the beam.

Here is a cnc xyz-bc table I built and it cost way less than 200k.

Chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails index.jpeg  

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Wow now that's a nice looking "home made" version .