Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumia Extravaganza

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I just uploaded a really sped up low res video to youtube, here is the Vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1U8YFFY57A

thats a tube lumia running way too fast so it could fit in my webcam's tiny video recorder. Sorry about the 240x320.
    thats 250 mW of 658 at 10 feet away.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-15-2009 at 13:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I plan one of using these to shuffle the lumia wheels and Poly-20 grating via DMX control:

http://home.att.net/~northlightsyste...2toRCservo.htm

I did a little testing using one channel of the board with a standard hobby servo, with the Poly-20 wheel attached directly to the servo output wheel. So far, it looks like it the DMX-controlled positioning is VERY accurate & repeatable!

The board can control up to 8 separate servos, which could open up a LOT of possibilties for beam shuffling! The only caveat is you would have to account for the reaction time of a servo, which would be a bit slower than using a simple actuator.

These boards are designed so a DMX fail would either lock the servo in place, or recenter (your option).
    SO, you could have a "fail safe" of sorts

BTW -

The company owner is quick to respond to questions, and was VERY quick in delivering the product!

Randy
    Randy,

You had to give up some of the Poly-20 effects with the limted servo rotation, right? Or were you able to modify the servo?

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    I just uploaded a really sped up low res video to youtube, here is the Vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1U8YFFY57A

thats a tube lumia ...
    Steve
    All right- I want some pics of that rig! That looks outstanding!

Default Curious Email

Look at this email that just showed up in my inbox- I wonder what in the worLD could it be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FedEx.GIF  

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Randy,

You had to give up some of the Poly-20 effects with the limted servo rotation, right? Or were you able to modify the servo?
    Yep, unfortunately -

With full rotation, I can only get maybe 9 sectors at any given time, and to get more than that I would have to use 2 selectable beam bounces to choose "halves" of the Poly-20 wheel. Not ideal, bit workable, plus most of the sectors I would use are bunched fairly close together anyway.

As you may have read in other threads, this was kind of a "desperate" attempt to put the Poly-20 to use after several of us gave up on the stock POS stepper motor & driver that came with it!
    Last edited by Stuka; 01-15-2009 at 20:01.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Look at this email that just showed up in my inbox- I wonder what in the worLD could it be?
    Cool...

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default Lumia Orgasmico Wheels On Laserman532 Ebay page!

I just listed 10 or so lumia wheels glass on my ebay. If you guys haven't marked me as one of your favorite sellers, you might want to do that so you will be notified when I toss stuff up there. Since I am un employed, I now try to make my living on ebay. I have tons of stuff and I will be selling for a while. Bid high and often so i can feed my dogs!...(and kids too)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140295227962

Exclamation

Cool! It doesn't end during my work hours... I have missed a half dozen or so of your auctions because of that...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Cool! It doesn't end during my work hours... I have missed a half dozen or so of your auctions because of that...
    havent you ever heard of www.auctionsniper.com? tell em I sent you and I get 3 free snipes!

All this talk of lumia prompted me to dig out some pix of a small device I made up a few years ago. Microsteping motor and 8 channel diode driver .
    DMX control didn't quite work out Motion control + 8ch PWM code didn't take too kindly to shareing with DMX decoding.

A few more pix here

Barney.
    Last edited by fuzcub; 01-16-2009 at 04:11.